Anyone know of a 150,600:600 Mic Input transformer?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christian

Looking for a 150,600:600 transformer for the Spectra Sonics I am racking up, thought I could have the two different impedances on a switch.

Thank you,
Chris

here are cinemags input trans...
http://www.cinemag.biz/mic_input/mic_input.html

i think the guy will custom wind one for you if its not *to* crazy. most of the stuff he winds is make-on-order.

sorry not much help.
t

you can use a mic splitter transformer with 4 150 ohm windings; use two for the primary and two for the secondary. switch between parallel (150 ohm) and series (600 ohm) connecting the two windings for the primary. connect the other two windings in series for a 600 ohm secondary.

ed

[quote author="edanderson"]you can use a mic splitter transformer with 4 150 ohm windings; use two for the primary and two for the secondary. switch between parallel (150 ohm) and series (600 ohm) connecting the two windings for the primary. connect the other two windings in series for a 600 ohm secondary.

ed[/quote]
That's both interesting & confusing me a bit.
If both the primary & sec windings are (each) in series, and you connect a 150 mic, the amplifier after the TX sees a 150 source impedance then IIRIC. So there's nowhere any '600' anymore going on, correct ?

Note that several types of the Beyer-TX-groupbuy have split primaries, which should be able to do this. In other words, the secondary doesn't need to be splitted.

Latest posts

Back