Does someone know this Preamp-unit? ADT A1510

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andia

GDIY Supporter
Hi all!

Does someone of you have pinout information of an old ADT A1510 Mic/Line Preamp??
I mailed ADT about it, but they charge 100? for the information! :evil:

I will provide pics later, maybe someone has something about it!!!

Thanks andi

here are some pics of the unit:

PC270108.JPG

PC270107.JPG

PC280111.JPG

PC280112.JPG

I could trace the audio-input and the phantom-power-input, but I have difficulties finding the other ins and outs!

What ICs do they use? If you know the supply pins of the IC it should be easy to ohm out the supply pins on the connector.

It might happen that these have the same pinout as i.e. Neumann mic pres.

Samuel

It this a prototype or why does it look like a self etched pcb? :green:

The pre doesn't look much complicated? As Samuel said, try to figure out where the supply voltages are.
Downlaod the pdf datasheet of the ic's and you know where + and - are. Then you also know the supply voltage. Maybe the ICs are something like NE5532, NE5534 or TL072. The pcb traces seems to be easy to follow.
Look at the mic input transformer to search for the mic input. The two wires to the pad switch seems to be the transformer output.
Trace the output of the opamp and you will have the line output. Look for the two 6,81k resistors and you will find the 48V input. It must be near the Phantom switch of course.
"Klinke" und "Spur" what a nice lettering... :wink: These are line inputs, maybe you don't need them?
You could maybe use Keith's approved PSU and output pcb.

[quote author="kubi"][quote author="nrgrecording"]"Klinke" und "Spur" what a nice lettering... :wink:[/quote]

:green:
Let's face it, it's some of the best I heard so far, eventhough it's pretty confusing even for me being a native speaker.[/quote]

hehe! that's why I actually bought it! :cool:

seriously, thanks for your answers! I asked a friend of mine, who has the tools for measuring the module.

The IC's (3) say Texas Instruments RC4558P, I will look into it!
There also seem to be some modifications on the boards.

the sticker on the preamp tells it was produced 1979. It also rates power with 32V DC, whisch is a bit of a pity, because all my other modules run on 24V. :(

Hi Andi !
First of all, i know this Thread is almost 10 Years old, but maybe others looking for Information about this piece of german vintage Audiomodule :)

1: Chassis GND
2: GND
3: GND
4: Mic IN -
5: Mic IN+
6: GND
7: GND
8: Line IN- (Klinke)
9: Line IN+ (Klinke)
10: GND
11: GND
12: NC
13: VB +32V
14: Phantom +48V
15: GND
16: Spur IN- (Tape Ret.)
17: Spur IN+ (Tape Ret.)
18: GND
19: GND
20: Alt. IN-
21: Alt. IN+
22: GND
23: GND
24: Alt. OUT
25: Spur OUT
26: Main OUT
27: NC
28: GND
29: GND
30: NC
31: NC

I hope this can help anyone !
For further information of ADT Modules of this Series, or when you own something please feel free to Contact me :)
It is  part of the ADT A1500 Modular Console made in the late 70ies till 1985. It was the Top of the Range Console of ADT in this time and maybe someone knows the ADT 5MT Console wich is a semimodular Console build as a "cheaper" Alternative to the A1500.

Maybe i open a new Topic about this, because i own a lot of Modules to build, or better recreate, this great Console. (And with a little help of you i can finish this Task in a little less time of 10 Years :)

Attachments

• A1500b780.jpg
    A1500b780.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 31
Hey Trucki! I wonder if you have any information about the ADT A1506/0s module?

Thanks!

Hi adamasnan !
Yes i have some information about this Unit ! I own a schematic and if you  want i can send it. It is a so called "0Ohm-Knotenpunktverstärker" (german). As far as i know there are some differences between models, esp. the Output-transformer. I guess there were Customer-Options at ADT, because at ADT you can choose nearly whatever you want and they made it ! You own some of these 1506 ? And if Yes , what will you do with them ? 

Yes and no....it is more a summing amp. I the original A1500 Console it is used as a summing amp at the output of the groups, where a number of choosen channels sum together. But you can use it as a line amp but without amplification....so it makes no sense.

Hi Andi !
First of all, i know this Thread is almost 10 Years old, but maybe others looking for Information about this piece of german vintage Audiomodule :)

1: Chassis GND
2: GND
3: GND
4: Mic IN -
5: Mic IN+
6: GND
7: GND
8: Line IN- (Klinke)
9: Line IN+ (Klinke)
10: GND
11: GND
12: NC
13: VB +32V
14: Phantom +48V
15: GND
16: Spur IN- (Tape Ret.)
17: Spur IN+ (Tape Ret.)
18: GND
19: GND
20: Alt. IN-
21: Alt. IN+
22: GND
23: GND
24: Alt. OUT
25: Spur OUT
26: Main OUT
27: NC
28: GND
29: GND
30: NC
31: NC

I hope this can help anyone !
For further information of ADT Modules of this Series, or when you own something please feel free to Contact me :)
It is part of the ADT A1500 Modular Console made in the late 70ies till 1985. It was the Top of the Range Console of ADT in this time and maybe someone knows the ADT 5MT Console wich is a semimodular Console build as a "cheaper" Alternative to the A1500.

Maybe i open a new Topic about this, because i own a lot of Modules to build, or better recreate, this great Console. (And with a little help of you i can finish this Task in a little less time of 10 Years :)
Hi,
i just bought an old mastering console from this series.
some eq modules, some preamps, some aux sends, ampflifiers, sum modules, monitoring units, faders, power supply.
sadly it came without any documents, and they are hard to find.
any information about this series A1500 or A1100 would be great.
i‘ll post some pics!
thanks a lot!

Latest posts

Back