ssl clone make-up problem - Solved

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batuu

he guys,

yesterday iI finished my first ssl clone. my problem is, that the make-up gain effects on the compressen mode and the bypass ... so I can't fix the make-up so that I can compare compressen and bypass sensible. Is it possible to fix it, tht to make-up don't effect on bypass?

Bye

Olle

On the control pcb there is a jumper wire (next to the 750K resistor). When in place, the make up gain is always active. The describtion on Jakob's site explains how to wire the bypass switch using a lorlin rotary....

If you have any more questions about the ssl clone use the SSL Help Thread

You need to wire the bypass switch as detailed here -

http://www.gyraf.dk/gy_pd/ssl/ssl.pdf

It sounds like you've missed out the make-up switching to the lower right of the release control.

thanks for your answers ...

the problem with the jumper is, when it is connectet make-up gain effects both and when it's not connectet it effects neighter of compressor and bypass ...

That's why you need to connect switch it, if you see what I mean. Instead of the jumper, you use half your bypass switch. Have another look at the diagram in the link I posted before.

Latest posts

Back