Tweak

Fairchild 662?
« on: December 31, 2005, 10:49:05 AM »
How can I build a fairchild 662 dual mono preamp like the one brent averill made for $1849 (USD) in one rack space?

Does anyone know where I can get the info on what parts would be needed for this DIY Project?

Happy New Year!  CHEERS!
I know that I can't retire from this life because I know nothing therefore I will wake up tomorrow, enjoy the view, learn more and realize that I still can't retire because I know nothing.--ERJ 2005

Fairchild 662?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005, 12:30:51 PM »
Fairchild made a solid-state reverberation unit.  It used three of those lineamps.  The modules themselves don't pop up much, but the complete reverb units do a bit more frequent.  One just went on ebay for $300.  All I can say is be patient and keep your eyes peeled.  FWIW I've never heard anyone rave about their sound.  I think alot of people are buying into a name that only had a couple good products.  But I'm sure they're useful for something. :thumb:

ciminosound

Fairchild 662?
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005, 01:23:41 PM »
Here's the schematic. It's all I have on this unit.

Tweak

I do think people are buying into a name also.
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2005, 02:01:30 PM »
Quote from: "MikoKensington"
Fairchild made a solid-state reverberation unit.  It used three of those lineamps.  The modules themselves don't pop up much, but the complete reverb units do a bit more frequent.  One just went on ebay for $300.  All I can say is be patient and keep your eyes peeled.  FWIW I've never heard anyone rave about their sound.  I think alot of people are buying into a name that only had a couple good products.  But I'm sure they're useful for something. :thumb:

I think the fairchild name sells because of their famed 670 and 660.  I would like to learn how to reproduce the 662's because Brent Averill just made a bunch of these and he's already sold out.

Thanks for the ebay info.  I'll keep my eyes peeled it's always nice to have the orginal to a/b and get a product comparison!

Happy New Year!  CHEERS!
I know that I can't retire from this life because I know nothing therefore I will wake up tomorrow, enjoy the view, learn more and realize that I still can't retire because I know nothing.--ERJ 2005

Tweak

Fairchild 662?
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2005, 02:02:53 PM »
Quote from: "ciminosound"
Here's the schematic. It's all I have on this unit.

Thank you so much, Ciminosound!  Your rock!  This is just what I needed.

Thanks!

Happy New Year!  CHEERS!

Michael Krusch

Fairchild 662?
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2005, 08:42:14 PM »
http://www.digital-synthologie.de/images/fairchild_662.zip

Here is what I found about the 662 on my hard drive. Don't know from where I leeched it.

Tweak

Thanks Michael
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2005, 10:32:23 PM »
Quote from: "Michael Krusch"
http://www.digital-synthologie.de/images/fairchild_662.zip

Here is what I found about the 662 on my hard drive. Don't know from where I leeched it.

Thank you so very much for the info michael!  YOU ROCK DUDE!  

I love the pictures and the original docs you sent are marvelous!  

HAPPY NEW YEAR!  MAY ALL YOUR WISHES COME TRUE!  CHEERS!!

Fairchild 662?
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2006, 03:13:29 PM »
Anyone have an idea what will work as an input x-former for these?

The cards say "Zin 3K OHM" but I've been told that a much higher impedance is more likely needed.
iF yOU lISTENED tO mE tHEN iT'S aLL yOUR fAULT.

rafafredd

Fairchild 662?
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2006, 04:45:35 PM »
mmm... will this circuit be considered exactly low noise with a 1:1 mic transformer? I don´t think so, but still might be wrong...