Sovtek MIG-50 amp-Fixed & Phat!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PRR I left to much unwritten when I posted I would be suprised if Bruce drew it wrong. At Ampage.org years ago when people were first working on the mig 50 I seem to remember people questioning its build and design.

What you posted as a more logical fil voltage offset makes sense. From what others posted in the past it would not suprise me if the amp(one of the build runs?) was wired as drawn.

Bruce still hangs out at ampage.org maybe someone could ask him

i have a mig 50, and it's a workhorse of an amp. as a matter of fact i one time set a world record for the longest concert with the band i was in at the time. at the time it was 25 straight hours....but the guinness book record for the longest concert is now up to 48 hours now. 25 was hard enough....and it was done on a sovtek mig50. yipeee!

Hi,
I know that this is a very old topic but I'm about to embark on a 'journey' with a Sovtek Mig50. I want to change the pots and caps.
My questions are, what were the cap values and did anyone ever take any photos of the underside of the board to show where new pots wire in ?
I am not much good at reading circuit diagrams but I am handy with a soldering iron and can follow pictures. I have worked on old Fenders before but then there's a wealth of photos out there for those so it's always been fairly straightforward.
Thank......

Latest posts

Back