SSL sidechain question

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhaveron

Hello,

Please forgive me if I am putting this question in the wrong place, I have newbie written all over me.

I am just finishing building 3 SSL clones and wonder if anyone can answer a question regarding the sidechain modification.

I do not wish to have the balanced in/outs as these units would only be sidechained for ducking. I read the simple solution for mono of taking the two to sidechain signals through two 4k7 resistors for a send. I also noticed the diagram by Mathias. Without the modification the left and right are summed together through two 47k resistors = 94k. With the simple modification based on the diagram, the two channels are summed together through two 4k7 resistors for a send. The return goes through the two 47k resistors. Note that based on the diagram, when the unit is not connected to a send, the signals are now being summed into the two 47k resistors but the 4k7 resistors are in parallel with the 47k's giving 8.5k. Does anyone know if this is o.k? This will affect the send signal and what is going to the sidechain VCA. I don't know if audio is affected.

Advice appreciated

Thanks,

Dylan

Latest posts

Back