Minimoog schematics with partlists found

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eurocide

I hope it is not an old issue:

http://www.fantasyjackpalance.com/fjp/sound/synth/synthdata/16-moog-minimoog.html

The whole schematics and partlists.
Maybe the images of the PCB layouts can be restored? (rails are as grey raster)

He, he, that was the site I was led to fantasyjack. :wink:

So here I've started to reconstruct the PCB of the VCF with Corel 12.
The red objects are vector graphics. The b/w image is the orignal template in the back.

minimoog_vcf_reconstructed.gif

Please someone of the advanced soldering gurus tell me, if this is the right way and if it is worth doing it.
If yes, I will finish it.

Yes, it's really too bad that guy doesn't want to share his layouts. I've emailed him about it a couple times, but never received a response. Thats actually a really neat way of getting the layout, one I havn't tried and so far your results are a good bit better than mine. If there are some photoshop guru's in the forum I'm pretty shure that the layouts at FJP can be 'shopped to remove the components and firm up the traces, leaving a rather nice layout. I've given it a good go, and got 70% acceptable results, but need some help getting better definition of the traces. (Erasing the components manually really isn't as hard work as it might first seem).

I would so love to build a Minimoog. I really hope he shares his boards.

Here's another page to add to the list: rare Moog parts:

http://www.synthfool.com/store/

[quote author="moogah"]If there are some photoshop guru's in the forum I'm pretty shure that the layouts at FJP can be 'shopped to remove the components and firm up the traces, leaving a rather nice layout. [/quote]
Re-drawing the traces takes as long as to remove the components from the GIF plus you get a freely scalable image without losses.
Another advatantage is, that changes and modifications can be done also very easily without messing up the image (e.g. I thought to replace the card connectors with holes for crimp connectros).
So I will do the work then - I love fiddly puzzles :green:

i will try to make u pcb images from his circuits
its seems he have bit different values of few parts on his schemes compared to originals.... ill mark them with *

boom

PS i think the main problem is to make it with keyboard....
maybe someone can desing midi adaptation for it ... even if its only for notes input without all the knobs controll

Re-designing the PCB layout to be a single set of PCB's with PCB mount pots would be the way to go, I reckon.

I did start this myself but did not get very far. It can be done (see the above link) & would make assembly far easier.

I ended up buying the real thing, because I got one at a fair price.

Peter

here u go folks

MOOG VCF
plz double check it all and report if any mistakes was made
also any sugestion for redesing r wellcome

MOOG CF

scroll down and choose 'free' for download

also if anone know of any multi-TIS97 IC it would help alot and also reduce the size of the board

tomorow will try the dual EG pcb

kubi its a good idea
well i just captured the circuit so far as it is
i can send an email to Fairchild with this segment so they can advise for best fitting amp for this job

also i sent email to them about multi-npn chips to replace all the 97's

hope they will reply quick :twisted:

[quote author="5meo-geo"]here u go folks

MOOG VCF
plz double check it all and report if any mistakes was made
also any sugestion for redesing r wellcome

MOOG CF

scroll down and choose 'free' for download

also if anone know of any multi-TIS97 IC it would help alot and also reduce the size of the board

tomorow will try the dual EG pcb[/quote]

wow interesting project you guys have going on here.
I like the way this is heading. Do the transistors all have to be matched to get the best sound?

-JaY

My quick thoughts:

I used BC550/560's & J112 fets for the oscillator proto I did, see here:

http://1176neve.tripod.com/id25.html

The power supply was a bitch to get right, I think a 317/337 supply will do just as well. Good to use multiturn trimmers as well, I dont think the old ones are available any longer.

I know Jurgen H has done some work on a Mini project, I hope he has some advice?

Kubi:
There is a Mini VCF with vc res, done by Ric Jansen who runs (ran?) the Synth DIY list.

MOOGVCFRicJansenvcres.gif

Peter

indigom yes they supose to be matched
well if there will be good match from fairchild for transistor aray u wont need to worry about matching npn's

here smaller version of pcb
V1.1 VCF

i think tl072 can be used here np althou better to stick to original
but i can do version with op-amp also
just guide me in routhing isue (im still just a hobbst :grin: )

Hi 5meo

Having trouble downloading the file from that site, tells me I am already downloading a file which is crap. There are so many ads I cant see where to get it....

Most of us here use www.photobucket.com for free file hosting. Works well & you can link directly to an image.

Peter

Great sounding moogg clone:

http://www.synthtech.com/motm490.html

Based in the real moog modular LPVCF, not in the minimoog one.
The kit is nice.

Synthi.

Eurocide its prety easy in Eagle soft after u capture all the circuit
well not easy but its fine :)

here is EGx2
ive desing it to be small board with 2 pots to mount to front pannel
rest of pots connected with wires to the board at the marked places
on sustain pots there is a +10v connection marked so connect the leg of the pot directly to +10v and not to the marked pad

plz somebody crosscheck it for mistakes

egcircuit.jpg

doubleeg.jpg

eglayout.jpg

egpcb.jpg

I'm very excited about this project! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help (though I'm not sure what that may be). Are there rare/expensive parts in this synth that anyone is aware of yet?

Back