Look what I found in a junked largescreen TV

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vetsen

urei.jpg

It's a 20 watt stereo Bi-amp with x-over. I know it's not much but interesting that it's UREI. Makes more sense to know that the TV has "Sound by JBL" on the front.

Not too special being IC based but interesting non-the-less. I'm going to make it a listening system for my bench.

Steven

Cool,

One of my favourite hobbies- recycling electronic equipment and finding useful stuff! That'll be a handy amp for the lab. You'll be able to trace the signal in/out and PSU pins quite easily.

Those STKxxxx power-amp modules were quite popular in consumer gear. I've seen datasheets for them on the net somewhere too.

Mark

Yeah,
I just got one of those big old console stereos (with the tube powered radio, record player, etc) anyway, this had a built in tube powered reverb unit so I couldn't help myself, stripped it, and the reverb tank said "Hammond Organ Company" on it!

Fun stuff! :guinness:

Joel

If memmory serves, hammond actually had patents on a lot of the old spring reverbs, so it would make sense that most really old gear (like steareos and even guitar amps) had hammond reverbs in them.

Latest posts

Back