How Blue is the Schaeffer-apparattebau Blue

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andre tchmil

Anyone ever ordered a Blue anodized frontpanel from Schaeffer ?
How blue is it ?
Pale, like their black standard panel color, or deep blue ?
Picture ?

Did you try making a design in fpd and choosing blue as the color of the frontpanel?
I don't know how real those colors are but you'll get an idea.

The color in FPD doesn't give you a photorealistic idea of the result.

I'd be interested in seeing a photo also if anyone out there has tried blue.

Sontec_front.jpg

This is the standard blue from FPD. I think the photo is pretty near the reality.

Its almost the same color as tubetech gear, a bit dark but not "marine blue" as other gear.

Try searching for a post of mine with some photos for the Gyraf pultec I made, using schaeffer blue panel.

Best Regards,

Synthi

[quote author="andre tchmil"]What brand of case is this by the way ?[/quote]

Schroff case with a Schaeffer panel. :wink:

[quote author="synthi"]What a wonderfull piece you made! fabio S*ntec clone?[/quote]

Yup, that's it. An everyday workhorse here. :thumb:

Sorry to butt in like this, but I would just like to know this:

I have designed a front plate in Front Plate Designer for my next G1176 1U version and I'd like it to look like raw aluminum. Now, I have of course seen that I can order just that, but there's also some sort of anodized aluminum and other options. Which should I choose to ensure that it will keep it's nice raw aluminum look the longest? I you get greasy or oily finger marks on a raw aluminum plate it's often difficult to remove completely. On the other hans I'd rather not have a coating or surface treatment that'll tone it or give it a dull look. I'm sure you know what I mean. Which should I go for?

i did it like PCB :
-make transparency film
-Press 'n' Peel Blue on stainless steel
-use something like Ferric Chloride ( actually it's for stainless steel. i don't know what it's name? May be it's name ACID.)

Back