Very old RCA mic preamp

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewYorkDave

Some of you may have noticed the 1930s-era RCA 41-B mic preamp that sold for big bucks on eBay recently. There's virtually no information out there about this dinosaur. But in my files, I happened to come across seven pages of info (including a schematic--but no part values given, unfortunately). So, it seemed natural to fire up the scanner and share it with my buddies. Enjoy!

628kB PDF

I sent a message to the guy who bought the preamp, offering a copy of the PDF and asking for his help (when he receives his preamp) in filling in the component values. I'll let ya know if anything comes of it.

One of the pics in the auction was the output tranny. I guess it´s 500/250 Ohm : 13k
06_1.JPG

looks like an UTC

:guinness:

wow! another 41B for sale. i guess theyre coming out of the woodwork this week :wink:

this auction has much better pics, including a clear shot of the output transformer/filter choke specs

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-RCA-41B-TUBE-MICROPHONE-PRE-AMP-ALTEC-LANGEVIN_W0QQitemZ7381506841QQcategoryZ3278QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Latest posts

Back