ADL 1000 to LA2A

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AQ

Hey all you LA2A gurus out there, I have a few questions for ya.
I had posted an inquiry last month searching for ADL 1000 schematics. None to be found so far.

Let me state that I am not a tech person and could not DIY anything BUT I have 2 ADLs and I want to modify one to get it closer to an LA2A. From what I?ve read from you guys, it?s a good starting place as a unit if not DIY from scratch. The ADLs sound fine but I'm looking for something else.

I?ve read that all the various pieces used on the ADL (i/o trans, tubes, T4B) are interchangeable with the original pieces and I have managed to find the NOS UTCs and NOS 60s RCA tubes and NOS T4B.

I?ve read all sorts of threads about the ADLs (bad grounding etc) and the LA2As and now I need someone (you guys) to tell me what else I need to look into to make the change.

I have a friend that will do the mod or I should say do what mods I ask for so I want to be well versed when asking. Is just replacing the new for old enough? What about caps and other things like the power supply?

Enough ??? for now?.

Your responses are truly appreciated.

AQ.

I think I'd build an LA-2A and if you prefer it to your ADLs you can sell one or both. If you monkey around with one of your ADLs you may or may not be happy with the results, but you'll very likely destroy the resale value. Modded devices rarely earn back their cost. Besides, that's his take on an LA-2A - why not build your own take? It seems like your partway there with your parts collecting.

[quote author="AQ"]I?ve read that all the various pieces used on the ADL (i/o trans, tubes, T4B) are interchangeable with the original pieces and I have managed to find the NOS UTCs and NOS 60s RCA tubes and NOS T4B.

I have a friend that will do the mod

[/quote]

You have most of the parts... there is a PCB, parts list and front panel for this... you have a tech friend... you have this board... get your feet wet... build it. :thumb:

Back