Anyone here dealt with SESCOM?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brent Casey

Sescom, for anybody wondering, manufactures rack parts, etc.
Anyhow, I just a had a week-long, somewhat strange go-round with this company and have come away with the impression that I should've done business elsewhere.
Does anyone here have any experience with these folks?

Brent Casey
PMI Audio Group
877-563-6335

Yur not alone (yur never alone)

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=6607&highlight=sescom

ju

Hmm, as I suspected...Thanks for the link.
Since I do a fair amount of sourcing, specifying and purchasing, I tend to expect a certain level of professionalism in the companies I deal with - and that's generally what I get, so I'm always a bit surprised when I come across an outfit like Sescom where they don't quite rise to that level.
Fortunately, everything turned out great and I do not require their products at this point - thanks to Apex Electronics and a friend willing to do the 56-mile round trip and dig. For twenty bucks, we got a nice, shiny box an order of magnitude more stylish than the Sescom, with punchouts and an AC cord pre-installed. The dimensions are just right as well.
Also, I wasn't aware that the Sescom boxes were the type that basically fall apart when you try to assemble/disassemble them. I had a two channel SS power amp built in one of those and I detested that chassis - a totally unecessary pain in the arse.

Brent Casey

I bought a punch (24mm?) from them less than a year ago and everything went through OK, but at first you would have thought I was asking them for a heat-seeking populous annihilator with torque syncronizer. Or something weird.

No more punches... :cry:

Latest posts

Back