Source for 4mm shaft diam. pots ??? woops

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guavatone

I'm having trouble finding these. Do they exist in the US anymore? I am replacing the Volume pot for a Klark Teknik D780 Reverb -10k PCB mount pot. Mouser sells xicon 31CX401 but these are a bit small.

I was playing around with some Sifam collet knobs the other day and i unscrewed the 6.35mm brass collett too far and it dropped out.
I though - hang on...
I have a load of 6mm brass collett knobs as well
So I took the brass collett out of those as well.

Now I am a bit thick when it comes to DIY bits'n'bobs - but I just had a blinding flash of light and swapped them over
Yes - they are exactly the same outer diameter to fit into the knobs - but the inner diameter is either 6mm, 6.35mm etc...

So I can now buy readily available 6.35mm knobs and swap out the colletts from some "wrong colour" or "wrong size" knobs

SO you could buy 6.35mm pots - but just change the collett over from another knob

May or may not help.. but it was really a DUH moment for me.

I think I topped your DUH moment uk. I'm really sorry, I'm surprised I didn't get a beating for that one.

The Shaft is actually just under 4mm or .155" to be axact with my digital caliper.

Which standard size is this?

Thanks all! I finally found it.

CTS digikey # CT2205-ND

looks like it wil be a perfect fit. Thanks Roger, but the spectrols might not have fit as nice since I am replacing a round PCB mount pot

Latest posts

Back