can a replace NE5532 with a NE5534 ??

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetboatguy

maybe it's been covered already, but here goes...

I noticed in the BOM for the Gyraf 1176... that it calls for a NE5532 DUAL OPAMP... but I actually have a wack of NE5534's from some old McCurdy DA boards... are they interchangeable for this project ?

Unfortunately no. The 5534 is the single opamp cousin of the dual 5532 and hence they are not interchangable. I would suggest you simply buy some 5532's as they so damn cheap!!

I guess it was just too convinient that I had a stock of 5534 laying around... :roll:

Thanx for the info though... I guess I'll buy hand full of 5532 next time I'm at the electronic supply store.

What about the TL071's ... what are good substitutes for those ?

Why do you want a substitute?

(The 071's are to the 072's as the 5534's are to the 5532's---singles vs. duals. The pinouts are different.)

In the case of the 5534 the extra pins also allow some change in frequency compensation, not true for the 071. Both singles do allow a trim of offset voltage, not usually a concern in audio apps.

[quote author="bcarso"]The 071's are to the 072's as the 5534's are to the 5532's---singles vs. duals. The pinouts are different.[/quote]

Dang-nabit !

cause I have a wack of TL072's as well....and no TL071's !! :cry:

They are even cheaper than the 5534's though. But at least if you wanted to you could adapt a 072 to a 071 pinout if the offset trim is not being used, and use half of one for an 071 app.

Not true for the 5534 vs. 5532.

My personal inventory is slowly improving...

yeah, I'm trying to adopt a rule... buy the inexpensive small parts in bulk and make more room for shelves/storage units in the workshop for sorting parts.

Back