Jung Regulator Circuit

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrFrankencopter

Here's a little blurb I've written about Jung regulators (includes circuit and an untested layout).

http://www.cankar.net/sheme/ssl_psup.pdf

Big thanks to lampas for hosting this!

Plz feel free to comment!

Cheers,

Kris

Hi Kris,

Thanks for the very interesting article!

Is there a chance to get a copy of the ExpressPCB files? If you want to host them, let me know! Otherwise, a copy would be appreciated...

My e-mail address is [email protected]

Greetz,

Rogy

Absolutely! I'll email the express PCB schematic and PCB file to you tonight.

I should warn though that the program will complain about the layout not matching the schematic...it's very picky about which end of components like resistors you connect to (like as if a resistor has a pin 1 and a pin 2), and I didn't realize this until halfway through the layout.

Cheers,

Kris

Hi Kris

I'm keen to experiment with a better regulator. Generally use 317/337 combo. I've built the Sulzer reg but have yet to put it into any of the gear yet tho'.

Is it necessarry to use an AD817? It's very pricey here, would an NE5534 be OK given that the specs might suffer a little?

Don't know if I'm being a bit dumb, but I dont see any tracks going to pin 7 of the opamps...... Also the schem indicates the opamp outs to be pin 5, but there is no connection to pin 5 on the PCB, only pin 6.

Regards
Peter

Thanks Peter, you found my 1st layout error. Pin 7 is unconnected in my layout, and it should go to +ve supply on the +ve side and gnd on the negative.

The op-amp outputs are on pin 6...not 5 as my schematic indicates. I'll try and fix the errors as soon as possible.

With regards to the IC, an AD797 will work, as will an AD825. Walt Jung does not recommend any other particular IC, but I see no real compelling reason why a different IC couldn't be used. Perhaps an OPA604 would be a good choice.

Cheers,

Kris

[quote author="NewYorkDave"]What we really need is a Freud regulator. That dude is just out of control.[/quote]
Freud regulators run way too hot, especially when used on a mother board. The capacitors tend to swell, and sometimes explode.

Latest posts

Back