Neve 1073 big bottom vs 1272 small bottom ?!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="Kev"][quote author="Kev"]... AND the Attenuator section for loud signals.[/quote]ok
:roll:
I should have said LINE level to make it clearer[/quote]

All clear :thumb: Indeed a thing to consider - what do we actually want to throw at this pre-amp ? I'll be adding a Hi-Z buffer in front of the input-TX (just like the Jensen-buffer circuit or something) - realizing the same function as the Gr*&t R*ver-input-section of their vintage-pre.

The line-input actually then falls in between - good to tackle that as well,
so 'Tekays pad' it'll become.

Bye,

Peter

warning
shameless plug immanent

DIvsm.jpg
+
48vPadPhaseDIvsm.jpg
+
JLM14vsm.jpg
+
JLMNeveSM.jpg
+
Micro1290hbsm.jpg
= :green: :green: :green:

Use the fader position as a trim and then a DIY a 600 ohm variable pad arrangement to suit your DAW interface.

[quote author="Kev"]warning
shameless plug immanent

Use the fader position as a trim and then a DIY a 600 ohm variable pad arrangement to suit your DAW interface.[/quote]

Fully agreed, that's nice compact stuff and then those smiles will be guaranteed, could very well believe that. :thumb:

As far as what I will be doing, I probably should have added that I already(still...) had Fabio's BA283-card-recreations & his '72 boards around, and now these PCBs feel that there are 3*12 switches upcoming they beg to face da Weller. :wink:

Bye,

Peter

yep
the Fabio boards ... I think these are the Fabio style

n1272-opamps.jpg

does require some switch soldering skills
unless you use a small PCB + resistors with the above PCB mount switch
OR
the much larger mother board style

Lots of 1272 to 1290 material out there to chose from
including the original BA283 + a JLM-switch-kit

a big Hi to Fabio ... :thumb: