NEED ADVICE FOR DIY COMPRESSORS AND PRES

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rotation

hello!
i'm new at prodigy,so first i would like to itroduce myself(sorry for my not so good english).i live in slovenia(ex yugoslavia) and work as sound tehnician at small underground club in capital of slovenia-ljubljana.i also work for a national tv station and radio sometimes.because i finished school for electrician i'm building preamps,amplifiers,di boxes...mostly solid state,not high quality.
since i'm visiting this forums i got very interested in doing pro equipement like compressors,pres...i have enough knowledge,experiences and patience to do some not very complicated project like gssl,g9(i find this projects very interesting...)v74...
but i have few problems with this:first,here in slovenia it's impossible to buy special chips like vca's for example,than tubes,special capacitors...our market is very small.and second thing is that don't have a lot of money because of difficult economic situation here(for one mounth of work i get 400 euro,so...hmmm).
what i would like is suggestion for one cheap source of elements(specially chips) for gssl or 1176.i would prefer gssl because of lower cost.cases and power transformers i can get here very cheap.
i need compressor for work.
i hope my writing isn't too long.all comments and suggestions are more than welcome.

regards from miha

Hi Miha,

Welcome to the GroupDIY!

There are not really any cheaper sources for the mentioned parts - on the other hand, they are not very expensive. The VCA's are around 14?/each from ProFusion in UK. The 1176 is probably more expensive because of the needed audio transformer.

Jakob E.

Hi Miha
We have a number of forum members who comes from the ex-Yugoslavian states

Dukasound from Montenegro
http://www.groupdiy.com/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=164

And I am sure there are others.

The getting of parts is what I find interesting - and most of us get them from several places.
However, a number of us do swap parts and thus only postage is paid between members.
There are probably electronic parts in SSlovenia that are not easily obtained in other countries (the first thing that springs to mind is quality Valves)

thanks for fast replys.good people around here:)yes,we have good tubes around here(military tubes).they are making them in serbia.if anyone is interested i could maybe find some millitary ecc82.my friend has them.

Latest posts

Back