NYD's passive EQ, ghetto edition

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="NewYorkDave"]The two-deck switch on the high band is because I wanted peaking boost and shelving cut. If peaking boost AND cut is acceptable, you only need a single deck.[/quote]

Totally acceptable :thumb:
Thanks for the explanation.....

I have only just got stuck into this thread. I think it is TOTALLY cool to hold back with the distribution of the design until you are sure it will be safe. Big business does not give the square root of a mouse shit about you or anything you have done unless it means something for them. With marketeers pressurising R+D department to come up with NEW product that can be built cheap and sold high the climate for IP theft is as warm as ever! My own Father had his career torn to shreds by a team of wealthy businessmen that never had the balls to behave honourably and in the wake of their acts of greed my family's stability was compromised quite seriously. The effects of their actions are still felt to this day. And don't even get me started on what happened to Nikola Tesla.

I wish you all the best Dave. I realise that I don't post too often but I will say that protect yo' stuff and don't let any executive kinda guy plook the fuck out of anything you do. Would publishing the design in a magazine have any advantages? I am not taking the piss btw.

I am reading thru some old threads and found this one. It as a fun and informative read. Did NYDave's EQ ever make it to market as a finished product, kit or pcb?

It was supposed to be build point to point because most people would have chosen the caps in different flavours and sizes depending on personal preferences or availability...so a pcb or kit most likely wouldn't have any advantage.
If I remember it right, Dave used the Toko inductors that can be found on the net and partly Solen type caps for the bigger sizes...

I don't know if Dave ever thought sincerely of making it a finished commercial product....if he would have done it, it surely would be a nice one...

Kind regards,
Martin

I was looking around for some passive eq to build. Im a beginner with building but i think i vould manage. If someone would send me a pm with the schematics i will gladly keep them tomyself. It only a hobby.
Br H

Back