Roger Mayer RM57 build?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are still collating info on this.
analogguru says he might draw out the limiter board when he has time.
dustbro has actually aquired an RM58 and will be looking inside for more clues.

anyone made progress on DIYing the RM57 or RM58?  i would love to build one if it's doable.

is the schematic for the RM57 posted anywhere for public consumption?

thanks

Hey guys!
My day job (making records) has gotten in the way of my hobby, so I havent had much time to put towards cloning this thing. I could probably bang it out in a weekend if I had some spare time.
I'll keep everyone updated when something happens.
Dan

Doe's anyone know what became of all of this? I would like to see a good schem of this thing and see what is going on with it. I have identified some different values used with these for those interested.  Thanks, Axisbold.

The manual/schematic is attached in the first post here.
Not sure if you can see or download it without being logged in.

If you read the last post, you can see that it actually originated from somebody here.

Unbelievable huh ?!

I'm tempted to email him back.
What do you think ?

Can anybody login to that forum and grab the schematics/ technical info ?
There's something about the FET that might be useful.

Thanks very much for the Roger Mayer pdf.
Somebody on that stompboxes forum (Hotrats) said something about choice of FET (2N3820).

the schematic was lent to me by an extremely generous chap over at ProdigyPro who basically gave me the password to his huge ftp site - I haven't even gone through half of it yet ... says he, some of the first RM58 clones are supposed to be making their way out shortly ... interesting data about that 2n3820 jFET, it has Idss lying between 0.3mA and 15mA ... what a spread !

Can't find that info anywhere (!)
Any clues ?

I've placed an 11 page pdf in the groupdiy email account regarding the rm58. I'm sure it is the same as the one previously mentioned, but in case anyone has missed it, then there it is. It includes schematics and connections although it doesn't list every transistor type unfortunately!
Chris

Back