Roger Mayer RM57 build?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive just done a new pcb which includes both boards more like the Italian studio pictured pcb, looks much better and has a smaller foot print, looking like i'll probably make quite a few of these!!!
Just missing some pots and we should be good to go ahead and start testing.

I've settled on either the 2N2222 or 2N3053 for the NPN transistors, 2N3906 for PNP and 2N3819 for the JFETs.

before putting this together i just wanted to ask a couple of thing, as all the schematics are slightly different and some show points that are connected and others at the same place don't.

Q9 crossroads junction or does Q9 connect only to VR5?
Q8 Emitter junction connection only to R12 or to C6 and R10 as well?
Q7 to V+ or connection to C4 and Q6 emitter and R9?

I have gone with Q9 connects to VR5
Q8 emitter to R12
Q7 to V+

just wanted conformation on this incase of mistake?

Done a couple of boards today and populating now but just seen part of the schematic which I haven’t included!!!
Will make up the extra part!!!

Attachments

• CDEE25F6-1789-48FB-A223-A144A9996D7D.png
    CDEE25F6-1789-48FB-A223-A144A9996D7D.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 51
Just took a closer look at this and it seems that you got it just right.
Keep up the good work!

Spencerleehorton said:
before putting this together i just wanted to ask a couple of thing, as all the schematics are slightly different and some show points that are connected and others at the same place don't.

Q9 crossroads junction or does Q9 connect only to VR5?
Q8 Emitter junction connection only to R12 or to C6 and R10 as well?
Q7 to V+ or connection to C4 and Q6 emitter and R9?

I have gone with Q9 connects to VR5
Q8 emitter to R12
Q7 to V+

just wanted conformation on this incase of mistake?

and heres the other.

i've used 2n2222 for the NPN general transistors and a 2n3906 for the PNP, the Jfets ive used J201 but not got any signal past Q11 yet?
Ive got some 2N5088 which could be used which are quite similar to the 2N3707 which you can see on the schematic.

From what i've seen the JFET used was a 2N5461 which is a P-channel which maybe different from the N-channel one i've used?

If anyone could explain why one would work and one wouldn't i would appreciate it.

Just need to clarify the circuit first and make sure i've done the connection correctly, then i can start messing around with slightly different transistors.

any help on this is much appreciated.

Attachments

• Rm58 written schematic.png
    Rm58 written schematic.png
    980.9 KB · Views: 57
My findings first are that the Jfet's are are not letting the audio pass as when i take the Jfet J201 out i do get audio to Q11.
I have tried J201, 2N5457, i have 2N5952 and K118, but im pretty sure they are all n-channel?

How have some people got this working with J201?

Latest posts

Back