Roger Mayer RM57 build?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RuudNL said:
This is my 'more serious' prototype.  Stereo limiter on 7 x 10 cm.
Signal to noise ratio is 81 dB ("A" weighted) re. 1 Volt.
Stereo tracking is within 0.5 dB (I found 2 'matched pairs' out of 20 FETs)
Distortion is 0.3% @ 10 dB limiting (400 Hz, fast attack, fast release).
Metering circuit is 'under construction'.
It will directly take the voltage from the gate of the FET, so no extra FET for the meter circuit.
Wow wow, not so fast!))
smart and beauty build, congrats!

Build one, or two they are really fun sounding, my version which I’m assuming is the RM57 is a bit noisy but still very useable.
I’m happy to post the pcb print for everyone to make their own, just print out with a laser printer on cheap photo paper then iron on copper clad board, then dip in some ferric chloride for about an hour, wash off then drill holes and populate!!

Spencerleehorton said:
Build one, or two they are really fun sounding, my version which I’m assuming is the RM57 is a bit noisy but still very useable.
I’m happy to post the pcb print for everyone to make their own, just print out with a laser printer on cheap photo paper then iron on copper clad board, then dip in some ferric chloride for about an hour, wash off then drill holes and populate!!

Making of a sound/video samples of your final build would be great!

Rather than recording it through my iPhone I’ll use camtasia and my webcam, just need to sort my internet as an Ethernet cable has stopped working!!
That way you can see protools and the compressor in action and I’ll babble along!!!

I'm pretty sure the noise gate is RM68, this compressor had two version RM57 and RM58, i think the difference was front panel design, dual concentric pot to separate pots.
Ive already started a RM68 post and i'm printing out pcbs at the moment.

Pcb print attached, happy new year yall!!!

Attachments

• RM58 V5 values.jpg
    RM58 V5 values.jpg
    977.9 KB · Views: 108

Latest posts

Back