Community vote, should we move on?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should we stop the RO bashing and move on with DIY?

• DIY!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RO Bashing!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mbira

I'm as guilty as the next guy (maybe more so) in perpetuating the anger over the last few days, but I think we should now move on to DIY! That is the best way to show that we are a strong community. Any takers?

Before letting go, I need to know if there actually was a hacking attempt over there.

But when I post the question - no, I'm not rude at all - my question gets deleted without notice.

I need to keep on trying a bit more.

Jakob E.

Is there anyone out there that we can find out once and for all whether for example we can cut and paste our archived discusions into a new non copyright-infringing doc? What if those with the data just "re-post" the questions and then "re-post" the answers?

Just a thought. Once the archive stuff is taken care of, we're done and we can move on right?

Joel

Jakob,
I was on line at the time of the block.
There was a post by I don't know who, saying that he was backing up some stuff from the archives.
Bigtree came back with....'What, you're backing up the archive?' and very shortly afterward took the forum off line.
This was translated into the mess we now have before us.

No hack....the man is on crack.

peter

personaly I would feel better if we could seek legal advice on preventing RO from using the posts...

Im not concerened about getting them back as much as I am about them being used without permission....

I hear that scenaria-I don't like that statement about making the archives into a book for RO profit...That would just suck. This poll request is not so much to attempt to stop possible needed legal action (which I would be willing to contribute $20 for-ah the irony) but rather to get the forum back to DIY-as it already seems to be doing.

It would be easier to move on if they did not keep fueling the fire.

It is hard to ignore the politics right now. There are some issues

that cannot be ignored and may need to be resolved first.

But a seperate forum for RO Bashing/ on going debate is needed
for sure

A vote on this forum would be a good idea.

YES!...DIY needs to move on, keep the politics in a seperate forum.
If we like it or not the politics will take a week or two to cool off
like the *chiefs* have noted.

It serves this community zero good to post a public record in regards to this situation.

without explaining why, please try to understand how this can be the case.

If you must continue to discuss this, please move it off this forum and server completely, start an email list where the entire world can not read your discussion on this.

take note of the bigger picture while you are determining wether this advice is prudent or not. please.

the last thing any of us wants here is censorship, and that is for sure, but lets be smart and try to censor ourselves looking at the bigger picture. There is a bigger picture...

dave

Our perspctives of the past are valuable to each other only. For public viewing, it seems slightly off candor though. We all get a good rant going sometimes and bake the cake..but honestly, they know not what they are doing on this one and we should just let it all pass. Rise above the foolishness and carry on.

PS, Dave, you come across as a "legal responsable party" here. I hope this is not the case. Good dialog to KEEP BS off this site is essential...meanwhile, sharing stories , I see no legal or ethical harm in it.

I do feel it is time to get back to the discussion. I take it you are a moderator. Your tone seems "policified" in nature.

Im not a moderator. Im not a lawyer. Im just a guy whoe likes to build stuff who looks forward to being able to learn more from the great guys here that know so much more than me about how to build a cool mic pre. Thats it. There may be guys that know a whole lot more than me, but guess what, Im smart. As is everyone else here, so we should all start acting like smart people.

that is all.

dave

I've been going through my posts and nixing anything inflamatory or possibly construable as such. It makes us feel better now, but we gotta move on, and the polarization doesn't help anybody, especially not Kev.

tf

It makes us feel better now, but we gotta move on, and the polarization doesn't help anybody, especially not Kev.

Exactly. We have to keep reminding ourselves that the knowledge resides in the people, not the servers. It can't be lost as long as we keep it alive.

[quote author="trenchfickler"]I've been going through my posts and nixing anything inflamatory or possibly construable as such. It makes us feel better now, but we gotta move on, and the polarization doesn't help anybody, especially not Kev.

tf[/quote]

Amen.

BELIEVE ME....That guy cannot do a damn thing legally if we repost anything. There are absolutely 0 ramifications to us.

On the other hand, If he does anything with it he could be sued.

End of Story.

The posts are the property of the Authors, NOT RO.

It is that simple...There are no grey areas with this.

How 'bout let's just back off, stop the bashing (unless it's transformers, CJ :wink: ) and wait to see what, if anything, RO does, and then decide what to do.

In the mean time, if we each have information that we've saved from TT, let's share it.... as the authors, it is legally ours, not his. I've no doubt he has long since discovered (if he called an attorney) that he really can't do anything to us, and I think he also now clearly understands that the people on this forum are quick and determined to act when we've been or are being wronged, so I say just sit it out. If he tries to publish a book of the information it will be a dumber and costlier move for him than shutting down TT in the first place.

In the mean time I'll bet all this fuss is actually providing him some moronic enjoyment.

I say we drop it, share info we have, and just go build stuff (and help each other to build stuff -- isn't that what this community is really about?)

My 2 cents.

JC

guys, we have to think to the future not to the past , this experience has taught to us that we must go independent, with our own archive.
Let's leave RO whit his trouble, Let's think about us.
nothing more then this.

:cool:

Latest posts

Back