Electro Harmonix POG : anybody opened one up?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leigh

I'm curious about the Electro Harmonix POG, which stands for Polyphonic Octave Generator. It generates one and two octaves up, and one octave down, and apparently tracks polyphonic signals very well. I've heard this not just from the marketing schpiel, but also from other engineers, though I haven't tried it myself yet.

I know how monophonic analog octave generators work, but this is a whole different ballgame. The user's manual, available online, says nothing if the process is analog or digital.

Anybody opened one up?

Leigh

I've got one, haven't cracked it open-
I think it's got to be digital, it tracks so well & so low noise- I'll have a look inside it this afternoon if I get a chance & let you know-

VERY cool unit, by the way- gets an extremely broad range of useful effects & textures with tweaking-

It's definately digital, if that helps.

On that topic, the HOG is a similar device that was shown at NAMM this year. If you're considering a POG but aren't in a hurry, it might be worth waiting a couple of months.

Edit: Here's a photo of the HOG.

I should have read the fine print: the manual does mention that the input slider controls the level feeding the "A/D converter". So, yes, digital it is.

I opened one up as well, and there's a meaty looking processor in there.

Leigh

Latest posts

Back