NEVE 1081-Switch assembly/Pot idea & new comp. placement

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="delaymix"]
This he is without a doubt one of the greatest problems, along with knobs to clone 1081. The subject of the concentric rotary switches is of difficult solution, but certainly something will be necessary to do.[/quote]

not exactly true delaymix. you can seperate the rotatry switch and potentiometer functions so it does not have to be dual concentric. having concentric switches just saves on front panel space and makes working the controls more like the original. :green:

Another problem is the axis, since not this drilled, would be necessary to make the hole with a winch as it proposes dissonantstring, to be able to use the concentric potentiometers. I do not know since this with guarantees could become of success.[/quote]

i apologize, but i'm not sure i understand you exactly. tororojo has done this one way and frank has done this another way. both work so there are obvious options that will work successfully. i think we are just trying to sort out a easy DIY way to do it without the availability of the original blore edwards switches that 1081 builders in the past have, but we unfortunately do not. i am trying to contact electroswitch to see what the availability and cost would be for the D2 series 3X6 switch (in both shorting and non-shorting) with dual concentric shafts as kazper has already mentioned. i really do not have time to organize a group buy for this, but i really do want to try and sort this out so that we have a good option.

i think we should all try to solve this by suggesting solutions or better yet actually trying to get the mechanics of these dual concentric switches working.

For knobs with look neve would be viable to make them in aluminum in a winch? [/quote]

that's another problem. i hope tommytones is able to source some, though i'm not sure where he is at on this. maybe someone could bump that 1081 chassis thread and see.
kind regards,
grant

Latest posts

Back