Bad distortion when stereo linking 2 La2s

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freddy G

Hi,
I just tried to link 2 of my La2 clones and although it worked, I'm getting a pretty severe distortion in the audio.
Can anyone help?
Cheers,
Freddy G :sam:

How you wire?
Single pwr supply?
Stereo link from terminal strip on back?
I think you are supposed to turn down one of the GR pots, as in stereo mode, you feed both T4's from the same side chain amp.
Maybe you are trying to run both T4's seperate, which might cause problems.

Hey Freddy,

Do you have the pdf of the LA-2a manual that's floating around on the web? PM me if want me to send you a copy. It has a section describing how to run a pair in stereo.

A P

I only have one...don't know. If it's in the manual, it must have been done at some point. Of course, in 1966 how picky were people about stereo matching?

[edit] My rev of the manual is dated 1979...

A P

Thanks Guys,
Unfortunately, both LA2 clones are currently at different studios so I can't do anything until I get them back.

Do you have the pdf of the LA-2a manual that's floating around on the web? PM me if want me to send you a copy. It has a section describing how to run a pair in stereo.
I've got the manual and I followed it, thanks.

How you wire?
Single pwr supply?
Stereo link from terminal strip on back?
I think you are supposed to turn down one of the GR pots, as in stereo mode, you feed both T4's from the same side chain amp.
Maybe you are trying to run both T4's seperate, which might cause problems.
Yes I wired it using the stereo link on the back, but I used 1/4" female phone jacks though, not the terminal strip.
Single power supply? No. both units are discrete.

I'll try again when I have them in front of me.
Cheers,
Freddy G :sam:

Latest posts

Back