Tube channel strip

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Val_r

Starting from Jakob's design, I've developed a tube channel strip featuring a mic preamp, a passive eq, and a tube buffer05{pre - it features a hi-mu tube, with mixed feedback for stability and good frequency response, followed by a 12au7 cathode follower, and even if the tube has a Gm of 5.5mA/V, it still yields 400 ohm on output.
I have estimated the filter load to be around 500 ohms, and the typ. out from the pre about +6dBm, so the 4.3mA idle point was chosen (2.16 peak volts/500-ohm load = 0.0043 A).
Output stage is similar to input, with the exception of the SRPP last stage, for current amplification.

Any comment/suggestion more than welcome.

Thank you,

Val

pq1schem.gif

correct me if I am wrong but if you are planning it as an all in one, the trafo on the EQ inpit is not necessary. Would be cheaper to run it unbalanced throughout and is usually how console strips are done.

[quote author="pucho812"]correct me if I am wrong but if you are planning it as an all in one, the trafo on the EQ inpit is not necessary. Would be cheaper to run it unbalanced throughout and is usually how console strips are done.[/quote]

The input transformer on the EQ is to have the mic pre bypassed, so it can be wired a LINE input, while the first stage bal. input is for the mic.

[quote author="kubi"]Instead of the second G9 amp behind the EQ which is hardwired to a certain amplification factor, the use of the standard GPultec output stage would make things easier and save you a tube.[/quote]

I feel the solution with cascade and srpp instead of the srpp GPultec alone has a somewhat enhanced performance. (I have already built both units, G9 and GPultec).

Beside that, any other comment or suggestion?

Thanks,

Val

:cool:

[quote author="pucho812"]you gonna put a compressor on it?[/quote]

Definitely no room for that! I am giong to use a 2-unit rack chassis, which seems the best solutions in terms of room economy and solid look.

Please feel free to post your comments again.

Thanks,

Val

:green:

Latest posts

Back