Lab-logo ?!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintrubber

I'll admit, I'm fond of logo's more than is good for me, especially the retro-variety.

How do you all feel ? Time for a Lab-logo ? To express our, ehh, (insert own interpretation of our DIY).

Ehh, and even T-shirts ? We might even encounter each other on campsites this summer...

Curious,

Peter

PS
I admit I'm a bit ashamed to trigger this -to me at least - obvious thing (since I'm reasonably impaired in the graphical-skills-dept). OK, here goes anyway.

from soon to be from NZ (if I'm correct):
We had this discussion before:
http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=34
But it all ended in talk and became nothing.

Oops, I wasn't aware of that thread. Sorry, I'm just too enlighted summer has just really begun.

Bye,

Peter

I think the logo choice should be fairly obvious by now...

wtf.gif

If youy made t-shirts with that, uh, whatever it is I would buy one immediately!!!

Ehh, w.r.t. your jumping logo... we've been thinking about possible encounters on campsites this summer - not about arrestments... :grin: :green: :thumb:

Ehh, sharing the guilt ? Pulling us all down into yer aberration ??!? :wink: :green:

And please add something retro to that whatisssit snaily thingy,... :grin:
Can't it at least carry something bakelite ?

Must admit my Fi-impression is mostly determined by both the Kaurismaki-movies and 1 week of Tampere in the summer,
so I must say I was mildly surprised about the marhmellow llama :grin: :wink: :!: :grin: :wink: :green: :sam: :guinness:

'98 - I've been there around that time - too bad we didn't meet !

His movies are great indeed, if the llama has a B/W alter ego or some strangely coloured colour-version he'd fit in perfectly indeed.

Oh, and my impression of dutch people: they all canal-iceskate all day long, drinking Van Houten hot chocolate.

You got it ! :grin: :thumb: And mucho thanks you didn't catch us on cheese & tulips. :grin:

A friend moved to Tampere and asked me to buy a book about the Dutch to explain his past to his Finnish wife. Chocolate & skating all around ! :grin:

Happy tango-ing !

Peter

[quote author="clintrubber"]Can't it at least carry something bakelite ?[/quote]Maybe it could choke to death on a large bakelite knob... :shock:

I agree with whomever said it scares them...maybe that's the whole idea?

:wink:
Charlie

What is this, all talk and no logo???

I'll throw down the gauntlet.
DIY-1.gif
DIY.gif

I'm probably also throwing in the towel-- graphics is not my gig.

Thanks both for those logo's, nice.

I like the lightning bolts as well. And I like Kubi's smiling triode ! (that's at least what I see in it :wink: )

It makes me think of a logo from the golden age of radio...

Must admit a healthy dose of retro-stuff (however unfashionable that may be...) wouldn't hurt imo. Maybe both the aspects could meet each other, like a more old-style font for the lettering and the bolts giving it some pirate-touch at the same time...

Ah, and I see Kubi's design references to Beyer trannies at the same time - on purpose ? I like those, ehh, wings on both sides - wanted to say it makes it more dynamic... but that's probably what they thought at Beyer Dynamic themselves... :grin:

Peter

I really like the classic approach of PRR's logo - only would I like it to be simpler coloured, to be used as small marks (and engraving :grin: )

Something like:

diy_logo1.jpg

diy_logo2.jpg

diy_logo3.jpg

diy_logo4.jpg

And maybe - just maybe - the fonts used could be changed to something slightly less "modern"..

Jakob E.

I'm digging Kubi's valve-inspired logo. Not sure it needs the transport icons (how many pieces of valve-gear have transport controls?), but I like the concept.

edit: If it's cool with Ethan and Chae, I guess everyone could submit their suggestion to one thread and a vote could be arranged?

Justin

from Kubi:
Thanks everyone for the kind words.

thermionic wrote:
Not sure it needs the transport icons (how many pieces of valve-gear have transport controls?), but I like the concept.

The transport controls are definitely the first thing to be removed. I thought for a long time if I add them, but they are a nice reference to recording in general and well this group is not only about building and cloning, but also recording. But sure, they can be removed if the majority wants it.

The transport controls are definitely functional references imho.

BTW, I guess that references to music notation won't be necessary, right ? Since we've encountered a soldering iron we all stopped playing :wink:

But serious, I'm wondering how many here are (A) originally into all this from the recording/engineering side and how many of us (B) entered originally from the playing side and wanted to play around with gear & mods.

I'm (B).

The "wings" are no reference to Beyer itself, but to waves and vibes our gear produces.

We like waves & vibes, sparks & vibes & waves, bolts & flashes & waves (Telefunken-, Philips-, RCA-, ... logos) ! :thumb: And I don't mean that as a you-got-it-from elsewhere, no, just nice connections to what this is all about.

Bye,

Peter

Latest posts

Back