Who knows a cheap source for double sided PCB's ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nik--

I found some ready made Gerbers for a Tube Headphone Amp / Preamp
DIY Projekt and I need professional PCB's for it, cause the layout is double sided :sad:

don't know how many there should be made. I need 2 but in my other thread at the Lab somebody also wanted 3-4 boards...

maybe there are others intrested too.

here is the link to the Project if sombody is interested:
http://www.pmillett.com/wheatfield_audio_ha1.htm

I'am located in Austria, so European Companys or DIY'ers who could make the boards would be great.

every help welcome

Nik

I've never heard about anyone with problems.

However, I ALWAYS pay with my credit card - as i'm protected more with my credit card than with my debit card.

I believe TI actually uses them for some boards as well.

Cheers

R

[quote author="jdbakker"]For slightly larger boards / small runs, I've had good experiences with http://www.custompcb.com/. They have a cheap full-panel service, and shipping to Europe only costs $13 ($12 to the US, I believe). I did have to pay VAT/import duties (~20% for The Netherlands, no idea about Austria).

JDB.[/quote]
I often use custompcb as well. The good news is :
Great Pricing, quick turn, cheap fedex, take Protel *.pcb files.
They Don't care how many different boards you put on a panel (unlike many of the US & Chinese outfits)
The bad news : They use a silver finish (lead free), not hot air levelling, hence the boards can be a PITA to build (my SMD assembler HATES them)
M

custompcb seems like the best proto deal in town even if it is in Malaysia.

Does anyone know if the holes get smaller after through hole plating?  I can't seem to find info on their site.

by the time you add silkscreen and soldermask, you start getting into the same prices as gold phoenix pcb.

their deal is $100 for a panel (11x14 if memory serves) including shipping.

/R

I use PCB Pool in Irelend for prototypes and some production..... pricing always seems very competative for small sized PCB's;

www.pcb-pool.com

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

guavatone said:
custompcb seems like the best proto deal in town even if it is in Malaysia.

Does anyone know if the holes get smaller after through hole plating?  I can't seem to find info on their site.

Custompcb seems to play fast and loose with hole sizes - I often find things are a bit too tight.
For a bit more $ I have been getting excellent results out of www.ourpcb.com in China.
mp309.JPG

M

thanks mobyd.  I just placed an order.  Custom pcb's "boss" was out of town and I couldn't get a quote, so for a little more I got unlimited hole sizes and enough PCBs to test.  Seems like the best proto place so far.

Poenix gold does seem the the best multiple single design panels around. 
thanks rochey!

I had a 7x4 and 5.5x 3.5 inch PCB each was around $60 for 3

my problem now is finding a cheap panelizing place for a bunch of small boards of 5 different designs.
-olimex may be best for this.

On one custom PCB, I had 10 mil Ground plane spacing and every time I seem to touch it with iron, I get a short to ground.  Then I turned my iron down.  No more shorts.  I think I must have melted some of the copper or silver, making it short.  I never had problems with high heat on other boards. Maybe something about Gary's process....

Back