Front Panel Designer Woes.. help?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't seem to find that driver for the laserprinter II.

Is it in an obvious place like on the Win Xp CD's driver database or Corel CD?

[quote author="Michael Krusch"]You must use the "Contour" "To center" function.
I once have translated the Schaeffer howto, which describes this:
http://www.nrgrecording.de/html/schaeffer.html (Scroll down to the end)[/quote]

[quote author="martthie_08"]I usually do the basic design in InDesign, then export as .eps to corel 10 then export as .plt to front panel designer. This works quite well, as described on Frank's webpage. I use corel to fill the shapes and fonts using the contour 'to center' function as well, no problems.[/quote]

SO having tried this and failed.. i am starting to go bald......

there should be a "Fill the whole f@&king thing in damnit" button

If i could send someone a Zip file of the Corel Draw files and the Illustrator files, could you figure out what i am doing wrong, and tell me in clear steps, as i will have tons of little objects within the whole thing to tweak....

i need to get this done ASAP becuase i have to have 4 panels made (4 different panels all with different graphics.. this is the only one that is being a pain....) and i need them before i move to London on the 18th of march... so i need to send Front Panel Express the panels and files by Wednesday...

thank you for any help....

I need to take some graphic deasign classes..... and maybe get a version of corel 8 as it seems to have different functions from version 10

[quote author="martthie_08"]

I think you'd get better results, if you convert your original scans directly to a vector graphics format, instead of "rebuilding" it with replacement fonts.[/quote]

I have made a beautiful copy in Illustrator. (rather proud of the accuracy).... how could i save it and convert it into a vector graphic that could be used for engraving?

Hi
Here is how I made logo fo my SSL. I made it in Corel (unfortunately when I reinstall new PC I lost some font like Optimum etc). Than I convert in curve and here is in pdf.
http://www.dukasound.netfirms.com/Data/SSL_Logo.pdf
Duka
P.S Procedure is: Save turget as:?

Looks Great.

Looks exactly like the logo i made in Illustrator, and have also already imported into Corel... .. problem.... is that it still does not work in translating to FPD....

by "print to file" you mean save the file that you are working on .. right?

if so. it might just be due to your panel having very little graphics in it.

the average file I have saved is 4k.

if you have only a couple things, it could very well be less than 1k

Ok, it was something going on with windows, because if I just hold the mousepointer over the file, it says 0b, but if I rightclick it says 1kb. thats good!

But if I try to open the file in illustrator it says unknown format. :?

yes .FPD (front panel designer) specific fiiles will not open in anythine else other than FPD.

if you want to do Illustrator work, you will have to puchase their plugins which allow for export of a file that Corel Draw can read. which then you will have to open in Corel Draw and export something that Illustrator likes.

and then you will have to go through the helli am going through in importing you nicely designed graphics from Illustrator bck into Corel, and then to FPD... and having them look exactly the same.

sorry bit of a rant over the paint that it can be.

other people have had no problem... (could just be the versions i have, or something else..)

what file are you trying to modify?

Or you can use a virtual printer driver that help you print to file:
http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=160156#160156

I found this one above but I’m sure there are better alternatives.
I requires a little tweaking in Illustrator but you get a solid base for modification. Typography is not editable because it’s vectorized. Just need to re-write all the stuff with your best Garamond, Helvetica or whatever. Helvetica gives a Swiss/German touch to the gear :grin: Garamond gives a little Louis XIV touch, Audiophool touch. :green:

So, how this thing ended? Did you manage to do it as you wanted?
I'm about to try the same thing so...I was wondering...I use FPD and
I already made a nice looking ssl comp. (it sounds ok and that is the first thing I think about when I start making one), but I would like to try to get as close as possible to the original one with the front panel design as well.

Can someone translate this? I try to copy and get this German error:

zur zeit ist kein standardduker gewahlt

Also, does anyone know how Mnats mad those circles for hit Gain pots?

[quote author="guavatone"]Can someone translate this? I try to copy and get this German error: zur zeit ist kein standardduker gewahlt[/quote]

No default printer selected

It didn't copy w/o a printer driver. I did the AppleWrighter trick and violla... Copies holes! :thumb:

Latest posts

Back