Information on Ramsa WR Series Consoles

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wireline

Hello from a not-so-new-newbie...

I've search the forums here (and everywhere else seemingly) for information regarding the long discontinued Ramsa WR8118 mixer...There is very little info about this that I have been able to find, and was hoping some of the tech experts here may assist...

Board works as it should - pres sound killer, etc etc....I am fairly sure this was a live use board, as there are no tape returns, phase, etc....but: any information anyone may have as to the history or lineage of this fine unit would be appreciated.

I will be in all likelihood buying the schematics, etc from MusicianParts, but would like to know a bit of its...heritage....The only thing I've found thus far is (probably just rumors or opinions) is a) it comes from/is a modded clone of the Yamaha PM1000 (doubtful) and b) it was designed to be able to interchange parts with an SSL (which I KNOW is wrong....but someone posted that somewhere....)

Thanks...cool sight y'all have running here.

I have a wrt820, and I got the schematic form Ramsa Panasonic. I just went to their website and asked if I could get a copy of the schematic for this board.
I thought they would never contact me. I was wrong.
Within a week or so, someone from their Sound System Business Unit contacted me, and after 3 weeks, they sent me a printed copy for the 820 and 820b models. They don't have any copy of these schematics in difital form, so they have to go through their archive in order to find it.
I'd sugest you do the same.
At the moment, I'm trying to scan the schematics to post them here, but it's taking me quite long, and it's kind of hard because the pages are too big.

Martín

Eric Johnson recoreder ah via musicom on the recording version of board, the one with outbaord power supply and single channel strips. I have a wr-8210a and it is ok. It has direct outs for each channel which is great for recording. The sound is decent and usable, not spectacular.

Latest posts

Back