while we are pimping preamps.....

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="chrissugar"]Hey Freddy, that preamp looks very, very nice. :thumb:
We really need a place to put all the pictures of the finished projects.

Steffen

I went to your page to admire again your projects, and damn, they look sooooo good.
What type of meters are the ones in your VOLUME COMMANDER. Something vintage or a vintage looking curent product?

chrissugar[/quote]

thx chris.
these are 1963´WESTON meters wich frank gave me some time ago. custom scale and tricky-to-build-in-LED-illumination :)

:sad: :sad: :sad:
I was hoping you discovered some curently produced beauty.

chrissugar

Thanks guys,

hey freddy, looks great....jeez, this is preamp city here....
u also like the sifam softouch knobs? :)
Hey Steffen, yes they are Sifam soft touch knobs....I really like them. :thumb:

Freddy... this box looks beautiful !!!!!!!
Please tell us what's inside the box !
Neeno, it's a discrete j-fet amp, transformers are Lundahl amorphous core in and out. The gain control is an Elma stepped switch and the illuminated pushbuttons control Omron relays for pad, polarity and phamtom power.

Cheers,
Freddy :sam:

Really nice Freddy. I also really like those Sifam collet knobs. I'm using them on almost all my project.

Are those 180, -20dB & 48V illuminated pushbuttons?

[quote author="radiance"]Really nice Freddy. I also really like those Sifam collet knobs. I'm using them on almost all my project.

Are those 180, -20dB & 48V illuminated pushbuttons?[/quote]

can you get the KNOBS also in 3cm or bigger?

[quote author="digichild"][quote author="radiance"]Really nice Freddy. I also really like those Sifam collet knobs. I'm using them on almost all my project.

Are those 180, -20dB & 48V illuminated pushbuttons?[/quote]

can you get the KNOBS also in 3cm or bigger?[/quote]

Check the Sifam website...
They have knobs with a base diameter of 38mm and of 47mm....

Back