some finished Pultec EQP1A - 'pimp my pultec'

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nrgrecording

Good evening.

Because of the ongoing pimp action :green: I would like to show some of my home-brewed pultecs which I'd done with my weller 'magic stick'. '
Pimp pimp hurray'. This time it's not a 'G-Unit'. :wink:

I can't remember when I started this project.. too long ago. It lasts a loong time until I got all the original looking parts. I refreshed some old dakaware knobs and they look like new. There is a LED behind the jewel light because I don't want to change bulbs and the original attachement wasn't isolated to the case. The Frontpanels are painted and engraved. (don't try to paint a panel without using a primer...! if you want to use engravings). To get a most original colour I visited a studio with an original pultec. But it seems that the original colour differs much. (grey, green, blue..) The only thing I haven't found were these ugly old screws... maybe I'll find some soon.

A big 'thank you' to Steffen, Michael Krusch, jrmintz, elco, cayocosta and the hole diy gang!
BLUEMCHEN.GIF

Frank.

pultec302.jpg

pultec5.jpg

pultec402.jpg

pultec8.jpg

This is just too much in one day - I can't take it!! Agghghghh Frank - what a stack man. All you guys with the goodies this week. To quote Lennon "I'm not a jealous guy..." er whatever. [edit]doh, that was "...just a jealous guy!"[/edit] Great job, are these SRPP or solidstate?

:green:

-Tom

OK, but now "man & paard" like we say here. More pics please, back, rear, top, oben, inside, durch, fur, unten, binnen, gegenuber, gemass, bottom, just everything !

Really nice looking pile of goodies you have there ! :thumb:

Where did you get those 'square arrow' knobs ? Are these new or refreshed oldies ?

Enjoy,

Peter

Seeing this huge pile of EQ makes me wonder what has been the highest 19" box ever spotted... ?

How many HE ?

(with a frontpanel in one piece of, say, ehh, metal?)

Good God (or bob whichever you prefer.. me.. the latter)

Great Tower O' Pultec Power!!!!

FPD on your site? what colour.. how/where did you get them painted?

partslist ( not the BOM of resistors, and caps, but rather Knobs, Light, chassis, )

great work a usual Frank!!

I HATE YOU BIG TIME FRANK!! :evil:

hahahaha. What about the 1176 pimping huh?? :green:
That is what I call motivation!!!

:guinness:
Fabio

OH MY GOSH ! :shock:
Now that is really PIMP !!!!!

Awesome work Frank !!!!

PS: Anyone can help me delete my pimptone thread please ? :cry:

Latest posts

Back