Front panel designing software

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrioN

Im going to lazertran a panel design for a G9, but can't find a good piece of software to do it in. I liked FPD alot, because of its simplicity, but I found out that I couldn't export the picture for further adjustments in Paint or whatnot.

Any suggestions?

Hi

Go: http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=13754&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

on the 2nd page you would find how to export...

[quote author="radiance"]Corel draw in combination with the brilliant Scale-o-Matic.[/quote]

man I went crazy the other day trying to use a .png from Scale-O-matic and paint shop pro. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but it seems to me that PSP really sucks. When I opened up the .png PSP made it gigantic. That didn't happen when I exported as a pdf and looked at it with xpdf or acrobat. Ok so then I tried rescaling it and it got all distorted and wonky bitmapped looking. I tried resizing the canvas so I could put some lettering on the page and it shrunk the painfully rezized image really down to a tiny size. :? I was having no fun.

Does Corel have any of these problems? I can get it easily.

thanks,

Kiira

PSP is a pixel-based graphic editing program, Corel Draw and Illustrator are vector-based which means the images will not loose quality if you resize them. Use PSP/Photoshop for photos and Corel Draw/Illustrator for drawings.

you can use front designer from abacom. www.abacom-online.de
you can import pics to your front design and print the file to your lazertrans paper :razz:
audioforge

front panel designer is one of the few software packages i actually bought... :)

I think it's v.good. Especially if you want to lazertran on your box.

Latest posts

Back