some nearly finished Urei 1176 - 'pimp my urei'

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RuudNL said:
It certainly looks great. But I don't like the original manufacturers logo on DIY gear...
And I do like it... it tells in a simple blink with your eye what kind of equipment it is... When you have producers, musicians or engineers in your studio... most of them know what the 1176 is and they will recognize immediately the unit... and probably using it! Put a different text on it, for ex ''Compressor X'', and they will ask you ''what the heck is that kind of box?''.... With a logo on it they will not ask these stupid questions anymore and immediately feeling familair with the studio.

Most engineers can recognize DIY stuff very easy.... they know it is not the real version but sounds like one.... if you have take the energy to let look like the original one, then it will probably also sound like the real one... and they will give it quicker a try....

It is wrong when you sell DIY equipment with the logo on it to a third party. That is ILLEGAL by law!
The number 1176 is a trademark owned by Universal Audio and can not be used without permission....

Back