EVERYONE READ THIS NOW

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundguy

For the betterment and forward looking prosperity of this group, I think now is a critical time for two things to happen and this needs to be two things that happen from %100 of the membership here if it is to be worth doing at all. %100 means everyone.

One: Consider your logging into RO. All this does is provide hits to a site that claimed to be happy to see us go and a site that is clearly in the business of making money and we are doing nothing but helping that cause AND instigating other issues. Many of us were incredibly disrespected there, this should be enough to give anyone pause.

TWO: ANY discussion in regards to the events of the previous weeks activity should be AT ONCE discontiued from this forum on this server and any other public forum. If you need to discuss things, please start a CC:'d emailing and do it in private so that anyone with a computer couldnt log in and read your thoughts and reactions.

If you want to be included in a discussion about some issues which strategicallly are better kept off a public forum, add your email to this thread or something and you guys can bitch or whatever in private where you AHEM, know who is reading.

I'll add that this has NOTHING to do with policing the content of this group or censoring what is posted here or anything along those lines. There is however, a right way and a wrong way to approach certian things, please consider that, think out of the box for a moment and try to imagine the bigger picture and think twice about what serves us best being posted here.

Please feel welcome to disagree with me and continue your exchange as you see fit, but before you post again, think about how you play chess or poker and direct your reaction accordingly.

dave

Soundguy Wrote:

Im not a moderator. Im not a lawyer. Im just a guy whoe likes to build stuff who looks forward to being able to learn more from the great guys here that know so much more than me about how to build a cool mic pre. Thats it. There may be guys that know a whole lot more than me, but guess what, Im smart. As is everyone else here, so we should all start acting like smart people.

that is all.

dave

Ya, that dave guy is pretty smart. :wink:

I do agree with what dave is saying, and we should all
stop and think about the point he is trying to make.
Two wrongs don't make a right.

Thanks dave for the wake up call :thumb:
We all could use one after this big fiasco.

It is hard to stay silent after this big event as it stirred so much
personal feelings as this is not a buisiness forum it is what
most of us do in our spare time.

By the way dave... I am smart too (smart ass) :green:
But no one will ever be as smart as you. :wink:

Back to my DIY......

Cheers :sam:

welp in the meantime...

I think we shouldnt put our heads in the sand soo

my email

scenaria at bellsouth dot net

anyone else who would like to talk privately please feel free to write...

email me at

scenaria at bellsouth dot net

if you want to be part of the dicussion...

understand that the addresses will be filtered through for any umm.... just mention the damn password :D

Back