Sunn Coliseum Lead Amp schematic

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rove

I have a Sunn Coliseum Lead Amplifier, recently acquired. the amp works fine, but I am hunting down a schematic for 2 reasons: 1, The Master Volume pot, though functionally fine, has had the threading knocked off of it and it sits loose in the chassis, so i would like to replace it; and 2, the footswitch attaches via rca jacks, but does not follow a "normal" wiring scheme (ie my music man and another on/off footswitch have no effect) or is possibly simply broken, so I'd like to see how the wiring works there.
I asked about this stuff on the Sunn newsgroup, but have not had any luck. Right now I am thinking I will just take out the volume pot, measure it, and order a replacement, taking careful note what wires went where (stupid digital camera is broken). any help is much appreciated.

Thanks for the schematic link. Unfortunately my particular model is not in that list, but the Coliseum Bass and a couple of others in the coliseum category are, so maybe that will get me the info I need.
Loud is an understatement, I truly don't have the cabinet(s) to do this amp justice. It is about 3 ft wide, taller than my 410 combo when place on its side. I think maybe entwhistle? don't quote me on that but I think the Who had a few of this era (mid-seventies solid-state powerhouses) Sunn amps in their live setup.

Back