SSL comp noise due to The Bypass LED switch

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mathflan

Hi,

I had a noise problem on mys SSL, check the Mp3:

http://sounddiy.free.fr/images/montage/SSL/SSL%20NOISE.mp3

In fact I found that I can remove a part of this noise by disconnected the Power of the LED bypass switch, With disconnected the Ground of the LED for example.

The switch I use is a APEM A01 series :

A01_OP.jpg

with a 14 volt LED

It's strange, any idea?

In fact I take 15 volt from PCB and ground from Ground of the power led on PCB switch.

I tried to Put 12 volt, and tried 15 volt at differents places, did the same for ground but still have noise.

I'm a little perfectionnist, because when I put 0 dB signal, the noise is very very hard to listen, but is present.

Perhaps it's Normal, I don't know. :roll:

For DC I often pull post reglation and use a series resistor for the desired voltage drop. If AC is needed, just pull from the seconday of the power tranny. Glad you found the source of your problem.

I tried to take the voltage on the secondary for the relay circuit but the relays oscillate!! and don't work .

So I tried after to take voltage after W04 it's works but still have noise.

I have a question for the LED of my APEM A01 switch.

in fact The led must have 14 Volt and 0.08A, so low Current...

any idea how I can power this led to his good value voltage and current?

I had a simmilar problem. I solved it with a trial and error ground wire solution, meaning: connecting random ground points till the noise is gone.

This is not the right way to do it though... I suspect that the noise is due to the fact that you take the power for the relay and pushbutton from only one secondary. Maybe it's worth to try taking power from both secondaries. This way you'll get something like 40V AC, which is to high for the relay and lamp, so maybe it needs regulating.
I don't know, maybe someone more knowledgable can enlighten us on this subject.....

RogerFoote, I did what you said it's a little better...

I made a star ground where I put also the Ground of the LED...

But where I can put the V+ of the LED on the board, anywhere??

Ok but My Bypass led shoud have 14Volt with 0.08A to Works...

SO I need more 15V than 12 volt of my regulator.
Perhaps I have to Use another regulator for the LED...

in your opinion How and where I can connect the LED of my mA meter?

Back