Greg's Parts Lists - ALL

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I think so. I also remember having another schematic, too, but I don't know where it came from. Here's the accompanying BOM from Fabio:

http://www.thediypill.phx.com.br/forumfiles/M1731_partlist.pdf

If you don't mind, give a check to see if I'm missing anything. I don't think anyone has ever checked it over for me.

the pcbs for peter c version, and fabio are the same. But on fabios schematic theres two resistors that combined is 43k9 where on peters version theres two 39k2 resistors.

If anyone knows what works better 2x39k2, or 39k2 and 43k9, please tell me!

On fabios schematic c1 is 680pf, its supposed to be 1000pf.

thats all i think.

Thanks Jonkan, you are correct. My parts list includes the 43K9 and 1000p feedback cap. All this Melcor talk is making me want to stuff some more !!! I think I've got 5-10 boards lying around.

[quote author="Greg"]

GSSL with Panasonic FC Lytics
GSSL with Nichicon PW Lytics
Desc: Very popular SSL buss compressor project designed by Jakob. I have two versions listed above. The first uses Panasonic FC electrolytics, for a very hi-fi type sound (extended top and bottom with mid scoop). The second uses Nichicon PW for smoother sound with lush mids (my personal favorite).[/quote]

Hi Greg,

so you are refering to these two caps only (100u and 22u 25V)?

I think I got the Jamicon caps. I have to check. Has anyone tried the Jamicon caps, yet?

Well, I can try some other caps later on. First I have to finish all my GSSLs and make them work :grin:

Yes, the 100u25 and some of the 22u25 are in the audio path, so they'll definitely influece the overall frequency response of the unit. Some of the 22u25 are in the power supply as well, but I just ordered the same either way to make it simple. The NHG series caps are in the power supply only. I often use the NHG as my "all-purpose" type cap for PSUs.

Would it be too much if I ask you to circle the positions of those caps which are most important fot the sound on the PCB picture? I am still not an expert DIYer and familiar with the whole SSL project to be 100% sure where the audio path on the PCB layout goes :oops:

... sorry, but I am from SLOWenia :green:

D2 needs to be a double diode

I can double confirm this with my ears.

Much better! :green:

Id still like to know about r3,r4 though.

Maybe that doesnt matter much?

/j

yeah, thats a killer post.

hey, since i am such a lazy assss and too stupid to
do a search, do the API 312's use the same board
as the Melcors?
you know, the little 1 inch squre things.
thanks!

AWESOME Greg...
thanks.

Hey CJ,
Fabios 312 has space for any opamp you want to through in there.
The 1731 boards he has fit in perfectly..

BTW..
Greg..
I think you have to change the part number for some parts on the 1731 list (at least). Some of the resistor values need to have "-RC" added to the end.
These are the ones I found from the 1731 list.
270-91-RC
270-120-RC
270-5.6K-RC
270-43.2K-RC
270-130K-RC

Also this cap 80-C320C100J1G has a minimum 1000 units limit on it.
Just thought I should let you know. I still haven't searched for a replacement for this cap, but I know it won't be too hard.

I'm assuming you went with 1/8w for fisical size of resistor, right??
Basically every 1/4w resistor from mouser need to have the -rc attached to the end now.

thanks again
Gil

hey BR, I don't know what the deal with the RC is... but in time I suspect all the resistors will need the RC after them. In the words of CJ, I'm too much of a lazy ass to go back and change them, but I'm sure people will get the idea. I'll double check on what caps I used. Whatever you get, I'd recommend C0G type.

And regarding the 1/8W, I ordered 1/4W istead, so I can't comment on the 1/8W. But yes, they will be smaller.

I used Melcor in one !!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I wish I could get more Profile iron. :cry: :roll:

http://members.cox.net/capstanrecording/API/312_Top1.JPG

Latest posts

Back