Greg's Parts Lists - ALL

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="CJ"]i got the 2503 kits if thats what you mean.[/quote]

:shock: :shock: :shock:
You mean you got all the shiat so I can wind my own tranny !?!
Core? Lams? Wire? etc

Where do I sign !!!

I think... and this might be logical or a long shot.......

RC after the resistors.. means "RoHS Compliant"

it seemed to make sense to me, as these are RoHS compliant now....

Hey Greg,
will this work for the 10pF cap??
mouser - 81-RPE5C1H100J2P1Z03 or 81-RPE5CA100J2P1Z03B

thanks
Gil

Yes that will work. I just checked my saved 1731 list for Mouser and I ordered the 10pF cap in my spreadsheet in a quantity of 10. I guess that was min at the time. Sucks that they changed it.

Also, in the future, how about we all try to keep topics about certain projects in that thread. Just for a better archive.

General questions, comments, or errors found in the spreadsheets are fine for this thread. I'm going to update the Melcor spreadsheet since it has some problems and update the revision in a day or two. I guess that means I'll be forced to order and make some more of these guys.

I think I was one of the lame-os who emailed you for a parts list, but I was looking for the Excel version instead of a PDF. The nice thing about Excel is that you can paste or import it right into a BOM order for Mouser or Digikey. I figured out how to copy text rows out of a PDF with Acrobat Professional, but some other guys might appreciate the Excel versions.

Thanks for these. :guinness: :guinness:

You can use the « select tool » in Acrobat (mine is the free Reader 7.0) next to the hand. But I guess there are better solutions in Acrobat Pro. You should be able to export to a file wich can be opened in Microsoft Excel (HTML, CSV, may more).

synthetic, I forgot to e-mail you back :oops: ... sorry about that. Do you want a specific spreadsheet in Excel, or just an empty tempate?

Excellent work, Greg! Where do you find the time to do all this?

On the 1176 parts list, I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work for my boards, since they can be loaded with exactly the same parts as the Gyraf board they are derived from.

Since this is my parts thread, just thought I'd throw something out there that I recently found out. On my parts list, I have the fused IEC from Digikey, and I think it sells for around $2.42 or so. I recently found out that Parts Express (where I order my chassis connectors and toroids), has them for $1.56 of quantity 4 or more.

Now I usually order the IECs in groups of 10 at a time, so it's almost a 10 buck savings. And 10 IEC connectors lasts me about a year, or a little less, at my current rate of DIY.

The part number is 090-443 in case anyone is interested.

After taking a closer look at them, I realized that they aren't exactly the same part. These particular IECs don't have mounting holes; in fact, they just mount into the cutout with the tabs at the top and bottom. So maybe these aren't as good. Oh well, I'll be trying them out probably some time next week.

Hopefully they'll work out... I have 10 of them !

Just thought I'd mention that Mouser now stocks the Gyraf type PKES knobs. For some time, the only source was Newark. They're actually cheaper at Mouser, so just search the manufacturer part number in my spreadsheet and they'll come up.

[quote author="Greg"]After taking a closer look at them, I realized that they aren't exactly the same part. These particular IECs don't have mounting holes; in fact, they just mount into the cutout with the tabs at the top and bottom. So maybe these aren't as good. Oh well, I'll be trying them out probably some time next week.

Hopefully they'll work out... I have 10 of them ![/quote]

The same Qualtek IEC inlet with mounting holes is a lot cheaper at Mouser. It's like $1.74 as opposed to $2.42.
Mouser Part #: 562-719W-00/02
http://www.mouser.com/index.cfm?handler=displayproduct&lstdispproductid=372315

(Although today they appear to be $1.87 - I'm certain I just ordered them last week for $1.74.)

Also, in your first post:
This is a parts list for Gyraf's version on the board, not the mnats version.

You can safely change that to "parts list for both Gyraf and Mnats versions" because the components for both are identical - assuming one uses the more-available-in-america transistor BD137 - which you do.

(I built my mnats from your G1176 parts list.)

To extend this a little further...

I often search both Mouser and Digikey by manufacturer part number and buy whichever is cheaper. Cost of parts fluctuates a considerable amount in my opinion, so if you want to see a few more bucks, spend the extra time to see who is selling cheaper at the time. :thumb:

Hey Josh, here's another thing I just remembered:

Mnats board has a trim pot that's not on Greg's BOM. Sorry I forgot to mention this earlier. (You'll discover when you start stuffing your board.)

There's a 100K trim pot (Part R54) you'll also need to source.

Mnats board has a trim pot that's not on Greg's BOM.
It's on the BOM alright - it's just that, for some reason, the Gyraf PDF shows a value of 500k while his BOM shows a value of 470k. The original value is 100k on the schematic so that's what I specified.

As I've mentioned a few times before my boards are based on Jakob's original design and so there are far more similarities than differences. In the end it shouldn't make too much difference but the higher value trim pots might make adjustment a little bit more delicate...

Latest posts

Back