Modul Racks

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Infernal_Death

Hi all

I remember there was some talk here about doing API 500 style modul racks. Don't know how much that idea developed and if it's still in the make.

I am in the progress of doing a modul rack with 6 mic preamps. It's not finished yet as i am still working on some of the modules but i just made some pics.

Modulrack1.jpg

Modulrack2.jpg

Modulrack3.jpg

Modulrack4.jpg

It's pretty basic as i wired the modules with normal cables and no backside connectors where you could plug in the modules without any cables. So far i quite like this approach. For mic preamps it's pretty cool. I don't think i will make some eq's in this format simply because you normally need dual concentric switches to fit all controls on those small panels.

Flo

Samuel as you already noticed both of the modules that are installed in the rack are green preamps. On the first pic out of the four modules that aren't installed the two on the left are Neve IC preamps (with those OEP's) and the two on the right are SSL9K preamps.

Grant, the dimensions of the panels are:
128.4mm x 60.6mm
That should be 5.055 x 2.385 inch
7 Panels fit one of those modul racks. So 6 mic preamps + 1 psu

Flo

thanks for the dimensions flo!
nice knobs on the green pres. damn you germans!!
coolest looking racks, great ideas and better than us in bobsledding too! :wink:
really great idea flo! thanks for the pics.
-grant

Back