Anyway to improve my mics? K2 & U195

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Purusha

Any better components available for K2 or Soundelux U195? I am wondering if someone has done it before. I am looking for some better component improvements beside the tube change in the K2 for example.

Anyone, please share your wisdom :cool:

Nothing that I know about :grin: but I am curious if some of you have achieved some improvements by changing some caps or some other elements...

I changed the tube in my K2 to NOS telefunken and there is some improvement over the highs... but since this is a low cost mic maybe some better caps would improve it even better.

You talking the r*de K2 right? I'm in the middle of doin some mods that were a mixture of Gus' page in the NTK at the diyfactory page, and some info directley from Gus.

Just doin some troubleshootin at the moment. A couple of traces lifted due to my bad de-soldering and I seem to have lost some of my polar patterns, but I'll get that sorted soon (just got a week full of gigs delaying me)

I'm going with Rubycons where i can.

Gus is def the man on this one

if there is nothing wrong with your mic what on earth do you hope to improve?

just because one person likes a cap someplace doesnt mean that you will.

If you arent happy with a mic, by all means, start plugging stuff in there, but if its making you happy why would you screw with it?

dave

Yes, I am talking about Rode K2.... and I am not unhappy with either of them. I think they are great mics but if there is a simple mod that would smooth them out in a good way then why not improve the mics, it's not that these are the best sounding mics ever built :wink:

Latest posts

Back