Large collection of technical books online in PDF

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

featherpillow

Here's the page.

There are some huge files here. Nearly all tube theory, some RF stuff, and a couple miscellaneous titles. It includes:

Amplifier Builders Guide, Hugo Gernsback, 1947

Basic Theory and Applications of Electron Tubes, Departments of the Army and Air Force, 1952

Electron-Tube Circuits, Samuel Seely, 1950

Electronic Amplifier Circuits, Joseph Petit and Malcolm McWhorter, 1961

Electronic Transformers and Circuits, Reuben Lee, 1955

Getting the Most Out of Vacuum Tubes, Robert Tomer, 1960

High-Fidelity Circuit Design, Norman Crowhurst and George Cooper, 1957

Magnetic Recording - Wire and Tape, M. L. Quartermaine, 1952

Principles of Electron Tubes, Herbert Reich, 1941

Radiotron Designer's Handbook, Third Edition, P. Langford Smith

Theory and Applications of Electron tubes, Herbert Reich, 2nd edition 1941

Theory of Thermionic Vacuum Tubes, E. Leon Chaffee, Ph.D.

Vacuum Tube Design, RCA, 1940

Hope this stuff helps a few people out. I know I'm interested in several of the titles myself.

is the Hugo Gernsback who wrote the Amplifier Builders Guide mentioned above the same Hugo Gernsback who was a famous science fiction writer (a.k.a the Father of Science Fiction), and person in whose honour the 'Hugo's' (the SF world's highest accolade) are named?

i know its totally O.T, but cool to know...

rrrrrrrich

> Hugo Gernsback who was a famous science fiction writer

Hugo wrote a small amount, and it was awful drek, though influential in a way.

His main claim to fame is publishing. He sold DIY radio parts so he started Modern Electrics (later: Radio News, Science & Invention, Radio Review) showing how to use them. He was interested in scientific futurism and threw a few of these in the mag. They were popular so he started Amazing Stories.
Paul-1.32A.gif

He kept these rackets going for almost 50 years. SciFi author memoirs reveal a man with big ideas and many flaws.

As a SciFi editor, John Campbell was much more influential in developing what we know today. (Perhaps too influential....)

[quote author="Larrchild"]Gernsback had monthly articles from Nikola Tesla in his electronics magazines.

And we think This forum is cool![/quote]

Are those articles about the place? (Sorry, Irish-isms.) Do you know if those articles are republished or living on the web somewhere.

I've contacted Mr. Millett and have offered up for "sacrifice" a book which many of you will enjoy. It'll be a while before it's scanned and uploaded, but I'll let you all know when it's online.

John Campbell became editor of Astounding Stories in 1937 and published his most popular novella "The Thing from Another World" (later made into the 1951 film "The Thing"). The magazine changed its name to Astounding Science Fiction in 1938 and to Analog in 1960. The magazine is now published by Dell.

Latest posts

Back