Another Yamaha PM1000 Effort

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so I'm using this 48V wallwart and regulating it down to 44 (which doesn't quite work yet for some reason, but I'll figure that out). I'm told that I shouldn't connect phantom to the 48V (which is the direct output of the wallwart) because it's not regulated and could cause damage. I'm told to just use the 44V out as well for power and phantom. Can anyone confirm this please?

Thanks,
Siegfried

im really sure about the power suply that your using. is it not regulated to 48v then your regulator turn it to 44v to give proper voltage to the board right? then you just connect the 48 volt lead to both the 44v regulator and the go-between. then take the lead from the 44v lead from your regulator to the pm1000.

Well, it's a 48V wall wart, and I've been told that these are not very well regulated. Hence, it's better to regulate and drop it to 44, then feed this to the pres in as well as to the phantom. Make sense?

Thanks,
Sig

sure, you could do it that way for simplicity's sake. most (by far) mics would be with 44v phantom. there are only a handfull that i have come across that really need 48v. if you are using diodes to drop the voltage you're still not regulating, though.

That's what I thought too about the phantom. No no, I'm not using diodes - I'm building a small board based on the LM317HV that drops the voltage to 44V.

Thanks!
Siegfried

my only concern is that the wall wart is powerfull enugh for two pm1000s.

Latest posts

Back