I finally scored an audio precision!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scenaria

system two cascade plus :green:

sheesh ive been watching for a good year now! took forever to come across one I could afford :\

does anyone else in here have an AP sys one or two?

:?:

Congratulations - I'm jealous. I had the use of a Portable One for several years and there's nothing like it.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

[quote author="Scenaria"]does anyone else in here have an AP sys one or two?
[/quote]

nope
I gave up on that thought years ago as I just figured that I would never be able to afford one.

congrats to steve

[quote author="cjenrick"]Steve, your gonna wanna send me that unit for caibration, which could take.....years.....and years.......
:guinness:[/quote]Funny thing about cal on an AP...If you are doing anything to do with ISO9000 etc, etc, etc ad nauseum (come to think of it...all of that crap makes me nauseum!) you have to have all of your test equipment "calibrated". Of course, the calibration house has to be certified as well! Guess what? AP isn't yet certified... and everyone else wants the same amount of money to cal an AP as AP does...funny thing is nobody knows how to work on the AP except AP...so if there's a problem during cal, guess where the unit has to go for repair? I had this happen...and I know what AP's standard flat fee for repair is...and the cal house tried to charge us more! Huh!

Okay, you guys will hopefully never have to deal with that...rant off.

Kev, I know a guy who has a System One that needs money :green: ...I've thought about buying it and starting a "home business", but I don't really want to be self-employed.

[quote author="Scenaria"]system two cascade plus :green:

sheesh ive been watching for a good year now! took forever to come across one I could afford :\

:?:[/quote]

Mann Scenaria..!!!

Congrats !!! You lucky son of a gun..*he'he*..No really I'm just jealous as hell... :wink: It´s on my "dreamlist" as well..but with a newborn baby comming in late November this year I somehow highly doubt that I´ll find the money for something like that..*GGG*..

Congrats, and kind regards

Peter

Hi measurement guys,

I have a AP Portable One Plus, and it is a fantastic machine, the only disadvantage are the printer port that only can handle the old Epson/IBM script protocol that to ink or lazer printers to day not have.

I use a Panasonic matrix printer or a old Canon BJ-20 ink printer, but the wishes is to use a modern lazer printer.

I have a other wish, and this is to build a interface that I can save the print shots in a file on my PC computer, but how to do that ???

--Bo

Hi Jakob,

I`m a total idiot on computer tech, so I have not don a experiment with this yet, but PC folks tell me that a computer not can handle printing information from a other thing (wrong way), and can not understand the stop and start, paper feed information and so on.

--Bo

Yes, but what I mean is if your AP is running DOS, there is a way of having a "virtual" printer port, that simply generates a file on the harddisk containing all the information otherwize sent to the printer. This printer information can be sent to the printer later (or possibly be interpreted in software?)

If AP can print to a standard HP plotter, the resulting file from the "virtual printer" would be a standard HPGL graphics file, that can be directly imported into most modern graphics pakages. Or converted with the freeware program "PrintGL"

I use fileprint>HPGLformat>PrintGL all the time for coming out of my layout program (EasyPC, 1988). It works quite well.

Jakob E.

[quote author="Bo Hansén"]I use a Panasonic matrix printer or a old Canon BJ-20 ink printer, but the wishes is to use a modern lazer printer.[/quote]
The Oki and Brother laser printers have IBM/Epson emulation as standard. Just buy one of the "complete" PCL or PS models - not a Windoze printer. They shouldn't cost much. The Oki I have cost about 2000 kr. as far as I remember.

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

Mikkel,

I have two old laser printer that I have not use for some years, a OKI 8W and a Sharp JX-92TC, maybe some of these have the IBM/Epson emulation protocol ???

--Bo

[quote author="Bo Hansén"]Mikkel,

I have two old laser printer that I have not use for some years, a OKI 8W[/quote]
W means Windoze, so won't work. You would need the 8P or another complete printer. The W model is only half a printer...

and a Sharp JX-92TC
I don't know that one, but check the manual if you have it.

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

the printer issue is one of the many reasons I was leaning away from the porta series.... also I felt the LCD was a little too small... I would have been happy with an A2 if I could have found one..

the most frustrating thing was trying to find out more info about this model...

AP's site isnt the most user friendly add into it dozens of various configurations... very frustrating

I am wondering what it might cost to upgrade it to the DSP option...
any guesses?

I am wondering what it might cost to upgrade it to the DSP option...
any guesses?

I have an fully loaded AP S2C (non-plus).

I wouldn't get my hopes up with regards to cost effective upgrades from AP. When I looked at upgrading my fully configured S2C to an S2C plus, the cost was about $16k. When I looked at adding dual domain/DSP to a System 1, the cost was about $8k.

None the less, they are great machines and IMO, there is nothing that comes close to them. If you have any questions about your machine, send me an email ([email protected]) and I'll try to answer them for you.

Congrats!

Your so right...

I just got off the phone with them (had to order an interface card and cable)

upgrades are through the roof!!!

If I wanted to max it out to a 2722 (which adds DSP, Dig I/O and 192k) the upgrade fee is $14000!!

the DSP upgrade is $7100 which I might consider one day down the road... but odds are by the time that day comes I'll find a fully loaded 2722 used for that price and could sell mine for a few k ontop of that

I think I'll just live in the analog domain... it does everything I could dream of :)

apparently the one im getting still has some warranty left on it :green:

is there any tutorial dvd's or anything out there? I really would like to learn how to write some automated scripts... (or isnt it that hard?)

Latest posts

Back