Roger Waters EQ

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SUPERMAGOO

The other day I was watching the live8 DVD, pink floyd, and it called my attention the sound of the bass guitar: I really liked it. (In fact everything sounded incredible, even more taking into account that they were playing live). What I would like to know is what was that processor that Roger had under the tunners and over the bassamp ashdown. If you know something more interesting about the bass setup, better.
Cheers!

I can't say what gizmos specifically they were, but RW has always had a great bass sound. It might have as much to do with the man as the machine. To this day, I think of the bass sound on Animals as the reference to what a rock PBass should sound like.

I would definitely add that the processer under the guy's fingernail is probably waaaay more important than whatever electronic device the bass was plugged into. way more important. Its fun to have the gear lust and all but that guy is plugging into anything and sounding good.

dave

Is it a pete cornish invention? He does all of Gilmour's stuff (and not to hijack this thread but here's a beauty DIY pictorial:

http://www.petecornish.co.uk/bop.html

note the stack of hi-watts!!! droooool....

oh man how cool was that...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................still drooling......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................still drooling

cheers

I had a Hiwatt that was stencilled Gilmour inside. I always wondered if it was actually his. Probably would be worth a pretty penny now...if I could prove it was legit. :green:

:shock: Those HiWatts!

I have only one (the same) and the very same stone tiles outside my studio... :green: now all I need are those fingertips and a couple a gtrs and I will sound exactly as PF :green: :green:

Anyone knows why Pete showed the Hiwatt's?
I assume he modded them?

Latest posts

Back