Sony MXP3000 Mic Pre

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got them done. Even though they're unbalanced out, they sound amazing and no hums or buzzes when used with short distances. They get wired right to the patchbay and get patched into the DAW anyhow.

Sig

Sony%20MXP%208%20Chn%20Pre%201.jpg

Sony%20MXP%208%20Chn%20Pre%203.jpg

Sony%20MXP%208%20Chn%20Pre%204.jpg

You can convert it to balance using a transformer.

Here's my MXP project page.

http://www.fivefish.net/diy/sonyconsole/default.htm

labelfinal.jpg

Hey owel what happen to your Preamp design??? any kits soon?????
at first sight seems like a BA283?? doesn't??

haven't seen it yet but if i wanted one i would ask John Hardy as he has raplacements pres for MXP3000.

hope it helps..

well I am going to scan the whole engineering manual soon has all the mechanical drawings along side schemos and parts list. which Mic pre do you need. trafo or trafo less? Duel or single pre?

[quote author="pucho812"]well I am going to scan the whole engineering manual soon has all the mechanical drawings along side schemos and parts list. which Mic pre do you need. trafo or trafo less? Duel or single pre?[/quote]
Thanks for reply.
I need single without trafo. BTW I would like to see other.
John Hardy did nice replacement with Jensen and put schemo on his site and I have it.
Duka

Pucho what you mean by dual or single preamp?? one more question is it possible to add an OEP input transformer to those puppies? i have two of these racked, the IC without input trannie, and was wondering since i have a few oeps if this is feasable.???

o.k. for starters the single pre amp well is just one of the standard mic pres for the console. Now because of certain requirments of operators and such they made a duel pre amp design. bascily 2 preamps on one mic pre card. The operator could switch and use pre amp A or B. Pre amp A and B had their own inputs on the tuchel connectors. Those interface the console with the outside world. So for example I could have 2 rooms tied into the 3000 and one room be all pre amp A and the other room be all preamp B. No difference between the 2. You could only use one on the channel at a time and had their own gain controls.
The eleectronicly blanced was well electronicly balanced without looking at a schemo in front of me I can't think of a way to remove the electronicly balancing input and use a oep. you have to cut traces and make jumpers. But maybe an ope on the output to balance it...

Latest posts

Back