need dbx schematics: dbx118 , dbx 128 and dbx 163

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to highjack.. but since we're on the dbx topic.. does anyone have a schematic for the dbx 160 compressor?

hello matthias,

i have a dbx 164 which i think is a stereo version of the dbx 163 (but not 163x) which i think is much newer with inst di input.

I have the schematic for it but its currently packed away (hiding somewhere in 40 storage boxes) as im renovating my house. If you can wait a few weeks i'll post it as soon as i unpack my stuff.

I opened the 164 and found 2 seperate pcb's for each channel, there were even two power transformers!

i believe the 163/4 are essentially an unbalanced and no vu meter, preset version of the 165 comp. There are heaps of trimpots so maybe they can be brought to the frontpanel??

will scan and post asap. The 164 manual is interesting too so i can also post this if anyone wants.

hello matthias,

i have a dbx 164 which i think is a stereo version of the dbx 163 (but not 163x) which i think is much newer with inst di input.

I have the schematic for it but its currently packed away (hiding somewhere in 40 storage boxes) as im renovating my house. If you can wait a few weeks i'll post it as soon as i unpack my stuff.

I opened the 164 and found 2 seperate pcb's for each channel, there were even two power transformers!

i believe the 163/4 are essentially an unbalanced and no vu meter, preset version of the 165 comp. There are heaps of trimpots so maybe they can be brought to the frontpanel??

will scan and post asap. The 164 manual is interesting too so i can also post this if anyone wants.

I'm still poking around for a dbx 163 schematic... (not 163x). Anybody wind up scanning one in?

Thanks!
Leigh

http://www.dbxpro.com/Download/discontinued.htm

And then select 163/164 from the Schematics dropdown menu.

Mach

Latest posts

Back