GSSL finished! With HPF added..!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black Dog

Hey guys,

I have just finished my 2nd GSSL and wanted to share some pictures, so here you go..

fritlagt_web.jpg

gssl_over_front.jpg

gssl_over_back.jpg

over_print.jpg

Big thanks to Jakob for the project, Gustav for the boards, Steffen and Greg for the HPF and everyone else here, for inspiring me to make some cool stuff..!

:guinness: :guinness: :thumb:

Lars

Thanks, guys :grin:

Greg,

It's NE55xx all around.. Do you think OPA's would be a worthwhile upgrade?

I have still only had it on the bench, so I can't wait to give it a try in action :thumb:

I doubt it. The 5532 should do the job nicely. I only had some extra OPA2604 lying around, so that's what I used. That's why I asked.

Lovely
Got to love those red wimas!
Same problem I had on the HPF - trying to get a Wima in the pin spacing.. (I ended up bending the legs outwards) - you use a big blue BC or Rifa there?

[quote author="uk03878"]Lovely
Got to love those red wimas!
Same problem I had on the HPF - trying to get a Wima in the pin spacing.. (I ended up bending the legs outwards) - you use a big blue BC or Rifa there?[/quote]

Yeah, I am a sucker for those Wimas as well :green:

The blue one is labeled Vishay - I got a couple of bags from a friend had some leftover a while ago, so I just used it because it was what I had.

I can't really say I have a preference. I'm very new to eletronics and kept hearing everybody saying Wima was good, so I went with them..
Maybe someday I will be educated enough to have an opinion of my own on these things..

Latest posts

Back