Have you seen this transformer?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

higginsrob

A guy gave me some transformers he claimed to be from an API distribution amp...

Hyde.jpg

I've been searching for a while, but I can't find any info on these. Are they just 1:1? Are they really from an API product?

I've still got a lot to learn about transformers, is there an easy way to test what pins are primary, secondary, and CT?

Thanks

Rob

Man, if your DMM doesn't measure resistance, get a new one! I think waaaay before even thinking of getting a scope, you need to get yourself some way of measuring resistance. You can get even a Chinese-made thing that will measure AC and DC voltage and current, resistance, transistor beta, and diode polarity for 20 bucks or less!

After you get a real DMM, ohm out the windings and see what's connected to what. Then put a low-level signal across one of the windings, and see what you get in the other(s)...

Peace,
Al.

[quote author="higginsrob"]Sorry I's stupid... I have a DMM that reads resistance, but I thought using that would magnetize the core.... I need to read up on iron.

Thanks guys[/quote]

DMM won't do that, the older Ohm meters would. You can demag them by the way, they aren't ruinned, some info Here

I remember seeing something from Bill Whitlock of Jensen on the procedure too.
Was it here or the other place? Someone help me out...

Back