Beyer dynamics transfo hookup for API 312

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeroddumas

I got the transfos from kubi. I got the tr/bv310 210 005 1:10 ratio. Dual primaries. I just would like to know to hook these up do I need parallel the primaries or series to get 1:10? I think I can just connect one primary and get it.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could confirm how to wire up the dual primary, bifilar models as I can't measure ratios using my current setup.

I'd like to know what ratios are achieved with different wirings, and if the stated ratio is actually for both primaries in series, or only for one.

Cheers,

Roddy

I'm fairly sure you have to put those split primaries in series to get the 1:10 ratio.

Which means that going in on only one primary will give you 1:20.

As long as you don't break the wires some simple reconnecting & level measurments will give the definitive answer, and to get the idea of who's what. Or just your ears.

W.r.t. the exact ratio, those measurements won't need to be very accurate to be able to discern between 1:5 (14dB), 1:10 (20dB) or 1:20 (26dB). LED-bar on a mixer may be fine already.
Check ingoing signal direct. Then just plug the test signal into a single prim winding and check output of TX etc...

[quote author="dukasound"]Hi
Does anyone know zobel network on 1:7 and 1:10 Beyers?
Duka[/quote]
There's info in the Beyer TX-catalog (the pdf).
Or try & adjust (scope, square wave etc)

[quote author="dukasound"]Hi
Does anyone know zobel network on 1:7 and 1:10 Beyers?
Duka[/quote]

I don't think you need one.

I think CJ or someone who knows a lot about transformers said that it is unnecessary with the higher ratio, small Beyers.

I tried to use one using partially guessed values and it made it sound crap, so I removed it.

Depending on type there are a few RC-values mentioned and their influence on freq-response given. Could be used as a starting point, but be sure not to ignore the other circuitry loading the TX.

But indeed in the end: just try & listen.

Latest posts

Back